Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Märklin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Misprint in rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I am sure this has been asked before.

In the rulebook, (of which my copy is not on me) there is an example of a passenger route (when using the passenger card). In the expample the passenger picks up every number chit along the way including the red 4 it started out on.

However in the written section of the rules regarding the passengers, it specifically is said that the passengers do not pick up the chit from the city they start off in...

Which is correct?

Thanks

-DK
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/102882

It's a misprint. The written text is correct; you do not collect the chit from the city the passenger starts on.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/102882

It's a misprint. The written text is correct; you do not collect the chit from the city the passenger starts on.


Thanks, I knew it was already answered.

-DK
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My 6 page rulebook shows a visual example, but this clearly doesnt score the starting "4" points that the passenger is sitting on. Perhaps they updated the rules.

However..unless I am blind.... there is missing information about the passengers in the rules.
The rules say that you can only use passengers already on the board,
but there is no information as to how they get on the board in the 1st place. Do I place them at cities at the start of the game? Im confused.
Also, the passenger cards seem to have no place to go. The rules state that you shuffle the train cards, but dont mention the passenger cards. The next page is entitled TRAIN AND PASSENGER CARDS, so I assumed that I shuffled these in with the trains, but dont know if that is correct?

I have read the rules 3 times now and am sure that they are incomplete.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Nurmela
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
smashed wrote:

My 6 page rulebook shows a visual example, but this clearly doesnt score the starting "4" points that the passenger is sitting on. Perhaps they updated the rules.


Yes, the latest rulebook seems to have the visual example correct
http://static.ticket2ridegame.com/lang/english/images/tm_rul...

smashed wrote:

The rules say that you can only use passengers already on the board,
but there is no information as to how they get on the board in the 1st place. Do I place them at cities at the start of the game? Im confused.


English rules pdf, Page three, "The Game Turn", item 2 "Claim a Route":

When a player claims a route, he may also place one of his Passengers in either city of this particular route. Only one Passenger is allowed in any city.

smashed wrote:

Also, the passenger cards seem to have no place to go. The rules state that you shuffle the train cards, but dont mention the passenger cards. The next page is entitled TRAIN AND PASSENGER CARDS, so I assumed that I shuffled these in with the trains, but dont know if that is correct?


Yes, your assumption is correct. The Passenger cards are part of the Train cards deck, just like the Locomotive and Locomotive 4+ cards.

This is not explicitly mentioned in the rules, but the example #6 on page 2-3 shows a sample of five cards turned face-up from Train Car Cards, and it includes both a Locomotive and a Passenger card (this is in conflict with the definition of Train Car Cards in the Component list, and a better term should be used for the train card deck, but the intent is clear).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for your help It is much appreciated.
I might have a bash tonight (or perhaps try 1910).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.