Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this isn't duplicating a post somewhere else (if it is apologies and could someone point me at that thread?)

What's the maximum number of chits out of the bag on any one dig? If I decide to spend enough weeks to draw 10 chits can I use the shovel to draw an extra one making my total 11?

We couldn't find any rules saying not to do this but was wondering what people's views were on the geek?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With 3 shovels you could draw 12 chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gino Daveggio
United States
San Mateo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"With 3 shovels you could draw 12 chits."

That is if you wish to keep the shovels. If it is close to end game you could also discard the 3 shovels and pull one extra token for each shovel, now giving you a max of 13 pulls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bergeron
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so. The rules state you can only discard a shovel if you *only* have one shovel.

The flipside of this rule is that there is no point in collecting more than three shovels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laurion wrote:
The flipside of this rule is that there is no point in collecting more than three shovels.

Unless you're cornering the market and preventing the other players from pulling extra chits.

Not that I've ever seen it happen, but it's not completely beyond reasoning that someone might do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
With 3 shovels you could draw 12 chits.

Wow, that's a lot of chit.

Sorry, I can't believe someone hadn't already said that...

jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.