Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Curva della tiburtina wins the race

A 'Bolide' session report
(* note: We ignored the rules of fast braking during this session. Also, we used simultaneous movement.)

Black Fatty, Blue Apple, Red Zim, Purple Gegga and White Dexy climbed into their cars to line up for the starting grid. Purple Gegga was first, followed by Black Fatty (2), White Dexy (3), Red Zim (4) and Blue Apple (5)

People were tense and all but Purple Gegga and red Zim pressed too hard on the acceleration pedal as the starts light went green. Black Fatty, White Dexy and Blue Apple all skidded and Purple Gegga went away in a screech of tyres.

All were a bit unused to the way the cars steered, and got through the first bends with puzzled brows. No collisions were there as the longer bend came up. Some minor takeovers, but no revolutions, Purple Gegga still in the lead, with Black Fatty and White Dexy after him, followed by Red Zim and Blue Apple.

Fighting to keep speed but still turn, as the infamour Curva della Tiburtina came closer, Purple Gegga couldn't fight his inertia enough and went slightly off the track. Red Zim accidentally slammed right into White Dexy, damaging Dexys car and taking it's place. In the first Tiburtina, Red Zim got a fantastic line and went right into the lead. Black Fatty and White Dexy right behind. Purple Gegga fought himself out of the sand, swearing and going on. Blue Apple was taking it slowly, playing safe and had no huge accidents.

Onto the last double bend before the goal straight and red Zim was still in the lead, black Fatty, white Dexy, purple Gegga and blue Apple. Came up the first chicane, where Red Zim lost some momentup, black Fatty being right behind him. White Dexy did slide a bit back, and Purple Gegga came close. Blue Apple was still last.

The long bend looked good for Red Zim, but despite a planned brake, he entered Curva della Tiburtina too fast. Much too fast. A panic braking ensued, and black Fatty was right by his side. In the meantime, Purple Gegga had almost caught up with White Dexy, while Blue Apple was gaining speed.

Out on the track after Tiburtina, black Fatty overtook red Zim by a tiny margin. Blue Apple had gone fast, but tried an aggressive bump into purple Gegga, but not to avail - his car spun.

In the last bend before the goal line, red Zim couldn't catch up. Black Fatty kept in front of him, and a nice line in the last bend cause him to reach the goal line much faster. Red Zim came in second, and likewise Purple Gegga never managed to get past White Dexy. Blue Apple gave up as he realised his last place.

Analysis:
The one who masters Curva Della Tiburtina wins this race. I (red) made a fabulous curve the first lap, it was amazing to see how the gut instinct on how a car "should" take a curve really worked. The second lap I miscalculated my speed slightly, and the catastrophe was a fact. I almost parked in Tiburtina, and couldn't do anything against Black's much better choice of line. I had a lucky die roll when I slammed into Dexy, rolling a 12 and thus making me win the point. His car was damaged and got decreased maximum speed, but it never caused him any trouble.

Using the highly speeded simultaneous movement was a good choice, I think. The second lap was over in little above 30 minutes. We agreed to that it was like in real Formula 1 - once you're behind there's not much you can do, but await mistakes. The curves are the interesting parts, but something tells me you can learn this game pretty fast. This game will win very much on having more tracks. We also realised that this is a the more, the merrier game. It's bound to be better on 8 persons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.