Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A buddy and I were jazzed about the new SW units, so we decided to try out Otterburn, the scenario from DoW from GameTrade Magazine. I was also VERY intrigued by the scenario as it had units basically surrounding the Dwarves, something different from any other official scenario I had seen.

With the archers and the cavalry, I thought the Dwarves might get the worst of it, but the boldness of nearly every unit...well. The first game was the closest, and after that, it became apparent that almost no matter what was done, the humans had little chance in the scenario as it stands. I was wondering if anyone else had the same luck.

With the speed of the Chieftains, and the battleback of all the units except the riders, the dwarves cleaned house easily in six straight games. The Scottish Camp was almost always ignored, and taken by the English, yet it mattered so little it was almost embarassing. The archers superior range and improved bows mattered naught to the charging clan chiefs and the rest of thos Iron Dwarves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darren

Interesting enough I have a friend who has played this scenario twice and says it is the OTHER way around - the Dwarfs are underpowered!!

Of course depending on what command cards the respective sides have also might show why that is. Obviously if the English get the Darken the Skies cards, they can make some nasty inroads to the Dwarfs.

Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.