1 Posts

The Game of Life» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Hunt
United States
flag msg tools
One of the things that warms my heart is when my daughter asks to play a game instead of watching a movie - as she did tonight. We played a game of Sorry! but that left her hankering for more. So I pulled out The Game Of Life. Woah! you say. That's not a game, that's a luck-fest. True - but considering my daughter only turned 5 last week I was willing to give it a try. Oh, and Mom played too.

Mom and Shoana both chose to go to college. Shoana received a $10,000 salary, and Mom a $15,000 salary; whereas I decided to head straight for employment with a meagre $5,000 wage.

Through most of the game, Shoana and I were spinning high numbers, whereas Mom got medium and low numbers and so lagged behind. I was first to get married, and soon had a baby girl. Shoana also got married, but in the end did not have any children (for which she was a little disappointed - she really wanted a cute daughter). We laughed pretty hard when Mom, by the end of the game, had had 2 daughters, twin boys, and then yet another daughter. With not enough pegholes in her car for all the kids, she just crammed the last one in between the other four - just like you do in real life laugh

Shoana definitely had her share of luck, winning $100,000 multiple times during her journey. She made it to the end and followed Mom's advice and headed off for Millionaire Acres. She spun 6 for her lucky number. It was amusing that Mom's next two spins were both 6's, netting Shoana $20,000. As for me, I reached the day of reckoning with a piddly $300,000 plus change... so I had to gamble... No surprise that I ended up in the Poor House. Kris came in last, and headed off to Millionaire Acres.

Final Scores:
Shoana - $1,126,000
Mom - $740,500
Dad (me) - Broke
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.