Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Eaton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am probably being dense but something in the Lost Cities rules is confusing me. After going through the scoring method the rules say that an expedition will score between -80 to 236 points. I cannot work out how it can get 236 points. By my reckoning, if an expedition has all its cards from 2-10 this will add up to 54. take away 20 makes 34. Multiply this by four for all three investment cards comes to 136, then add the 8 card bonus of 20 makes 156. In other words, 80 short. What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance
Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've got it right. Just a mis-print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules actually state that each expedition's value is between -80 and 156 points.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I had forgotten about the extra 20 point bonus that an expedition gets if it contains at least eight cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might guess it comes from failing to subtract the 20, which then got multiplied by 4 along with the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fehrmeister wrote:
My rules actually state that each expedition's value is between -80 and 156 points.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I had forgotten about the extra 20 point bonus that an expedition gets if it contains at least eight cards!

I had never known about this bonus :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.