Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sakari Lahti
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 6.75 implies that an amphibious invasion against an island box can be aborted. However, I didn't find a rule that describes the mechanics of aborting invasions. How is that resolved? Can invasions in port boxes or large areas also be aborted somehow?

Rule 3.35 tells us that the only effect of being in partial supply is that units do not receive hit bonuses except in banzai attacks. Does this mean that LBAs in partial supply still exert influence, can port raid, and participate in naval day combat on adjoining sea zones? I would find that a little odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
>Rule 6.75 implies that an amphibious invasion against an island box can be aborted.

No, it does not imply that an amphibious invasion can be aborted. When you are resolving an amphibious invasion against the island box per 7.2, the number of combat rounds is unlimited - unless and until the attacker decides to stop having additional combat rounds. THEN 7.23 and 7.24 take effect.

The invasion is not aborted, the attacker calls the shots on how many rounds of combats are initiated during the resolution of the invasion.

I'll defer to Rick regarding the LBA and partial supply question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 3.35 tells us that the only effect of being in partial supply is that units do not receive hit bonuses except in banzai attacks. Does this mean that LBAs in partial supply still exert influence, can port raid, and participate in naval day combat on adjoining sea zones? I would find that a little odd.

That is true - I apologize for that little odd feeling you are experiencing.

It's all a matter of which exception rules are worth their weight. Tacking on more rules for partially supplied LBA were not worth the weight in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can the OOS LBA port/airbase raid and participate in naval day combat in adjoining sea zones? Rick, by saying "That is true" are you saying LBA's can do this while OOS?

RULES: 3.6 Effects of Being Out of Supply
Ground and LBA units that are out of supply may only move one area during the Operational Movement Phase; may not strat-move; and may not receive replacements. ... Out of supply LBA units may not participate in combat (attack or defense) nor may they move across a sea-zone [5.13]. ...

I thought the above "CAN NOT PARTICIPATE IN COMBAT" would mean OOS LBA's can not participate in the Naval & Air Combat Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think he was referring to OOS, but rather limited supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post Timothy. What a mind bender. But I can get use to and deal with it if it’s really the rule.

So let me see if I have this correct per 3.35:
An infantry in a partially supplied port box CAN’T use a field fortification or get a bonus defending from an amphibious invasion. BUT an elite LBA in the same port box CAN port/airbase raid, participate in naval combat (both WITHOUT the +1 of an elite) and provide ground support.

Makes no logical sense to me, but if that is the rule, then I will deal with it. Seems like a fortification is a fortification if in partial supply or not. The trenches and tunnels are dug, the ammo is stockpiled, the minefields deployed, the barbed wire is in place. Why does this all go away once in partial supply? I can understand the fortification being breeched after the first round of combat, but for a fortification to be useless before combat is even fought is a stretch.

IF this is true, then there must be a conflict in the rules: 3.35 says a unit in partial supply does not get the fort or amphibious defense bonus. HOWEVER, if the unit is completely OOS then they DO get the bonus per 3.6: “Out of supply ground units defend normally…”

NOW, explain that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the explanation:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@530.5wfocLErzQp.86@.1dd0...

Not satisfying, but I'll just have to deal with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.