Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that the colored dots on the routes have different sizes to illustrate different "layers" of depth of space (the bigger ones nearer to the players, the small ones in deep space).

Does this have any impact on gameplay? Any other relevance?

Edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
The only relevant characteristics of the dots are the color and possibly any text inside them. The size of the dots is of no importance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

"Text inside of them"? - You mean, the damage cost numbers (or whatever they're called), right?

Background: I'm currently thinking about redesigning the map (without having played the game shake )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work Michael!

I'm working on a new player ref card that has the race data and a spot for the ship to tie all together. I did a color ship recently but don't really like it so going a different direction. Want to keep the 50's feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice map! You all should work together on those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Very nice map! You all should work together on those!

Good idea. I'm going to work on a ref card concept over the next couple weeks then will show my work in progress and Michael and I can see how close our look is. His look is very clean so will try to make something that will compliment it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
His look is very clean so will try to make something that will compliment it.

Oh - I am not really sure if this will stay as it is ... I thought about putting decorative bezels(?) around the dots - with a 30s (think Flash Gordon) or 50s style, but I am unsure - it is a multi-layered Illustrator file, so every change is possible and relatively easy.

plus: I doubt that I will find enough time within the next month to make significant progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ullfig
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Michel wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

"Text inside of them"? - You mean, the damage cost numbers (or whatever they're called), right?

Background: I'm currently thinking about redesigning the map (without having played the game shake )

Looks great! Much better of course than the one I made using Paint:

http://www.yxklyx.com/thecolosseum/mov/mov1.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Map looks awesome; I'd love to incorporate it into the revision of the CB gamebox, if possible, when it's done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.