Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused about the games "expansion" title. If it has a mounted board what do I need from the base game to play this "expansion"?

Also , are the new "rulebooks" in each expansion complete or do they just update additional rules? I'm looking for one rulebook with all the rules consolidated. Does this type of document exist?

thanks,

Blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
What you would need is the rules, the cards, and the dice. the ruloes that come with the expansions address any FAQ issues, any new units introduced, and the scenarios for that expansion.

The latest "base" game rulebook is on GMT's webpage. While it is the most current copy, it does not include the special rules for the units exclusive to any of the expansions.

This is not a stand-alone game but with some creativity, you could make it one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
What you would need is the rules, the cards, and the dice.

As he said, the rules are downloadable. The card deck can be bought from GMT (ask the ladies, it's not listed on their site but it's available), and the dice from Valley Games (much better, wooden dice).

But you will be able to play just the 23 scenarios or so that come with Exp#2, not ALL the others available now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He will also need the terrain hexes.

I think most titles that call themselves "expansion" are not a free-standing game, and this is no exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.