Popular Tags: [View All]
J9
United States
Clinton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wandering through a new gaming store, I found Zombies! and the store owner noticed I was looking at it. We started talking and he told me a little about it. The thing that caught my attention was when he said if I wanted to play with more people (the game is for 2-6 players), all I had to do was buy more games. I quickly imagined 10 people playing this game on my big table. So I bought it and managed to convince my husband to play it with me. I loved it. Let me tell you why.

1. It’s quick and easy to learn and doesn’t have a lot of little rules to remember. 4,5, or 6 dice roll beats a zombie, 1,2, or 3 doesn’t. Simple. Heart tokens are for health and bullets are to shoot the zombies. Easy.

2. It could easily be merged with multiple Zombie! games for more players. I have lots of parties, with big numbers of people, ranging from 20-50 at a time, so I often look for games for more players, and ones that are quick and easy to learn for people that might not be such hard core gamers like me

3. It has cool parts. Colored dice and plastic playing pieces. I LOVE to enhance my games by making boards and painting the characters. I have a hundred zombies to paint any way I liked!

4. Another aspect of the game I liked was the art. The graphics on the cards was excellent, showing lots of fun gore, and putting you in the mood. However, if you’re a parent, and strict on the horror games, you might want to check out the art before buying it.

5. I think it’s a highly competitive game. I’m a competitive person to begin with but this game really promotes it. The best way to thwart the other players is to constantly play inhibiting cards on them. So anyone who is sensitive or gets offended easily might want to consider something else.

So, to sum it up, I really liked this game. A little gem of a find, since I hadn’t heard of it before then, and I can’t wait to play it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
I picked up this game as a quick game we could play during lunch at work. Most of the time it worked out really great. The people in my work gaming group really play to screw each other over, so there were times when no one could win because we kept preventing it

Still, it has always been a lot of fun. If you play with a group that is very competitive it can actually be fun to get screwed over because you just end up shaking your head on how creative someone can be to mess with you

This game is really a miniatures version of Munchkin with zombies LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to read something else about the game, besides "nice bits, but the game is too long...sucks...yadda-yadda."
Luckily for me I knew the game and loved it before I knew BGG and all those Zombies!!! haters here.
The game is always fun for me and this is what makes a game good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Janine,
Glad you like the game. If you want differently colored pawns be sure to check out Zombies!!! 4: The End. It has six pawns that are colored differently than the ones in the original set.
Enjoy,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
midnightfaerie wrote:
showing lots of fun gore

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a while...

Nice review, BTW. I was kicking around buying this for a while, but was dissuaded by a couple family members who didn't like it at all. Still want to get Last Night on Earth (which I've played and really like), but maybe one of these days I'll go for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies !!! is easily one of my favorite games. While it has it's flaws it's great fun and a real cut throat game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch, Moon!

Oh, and if you like zombies in different poses wait till you see Humans!
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toddbreitenstein wrote:
Good catch, Moon!

Oh, and if you like zombies in different poses wait till you see Humans!
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

This one I´m really excited about!
Hope to hear some more about the game from you soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Markham
United States
Saint Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
Quote:
you just end up shaking your head on how creative someone can be to mess with you

I used the card that allows you to move another player 5 spaces (fighting any zombies on the way), to make my buddy clear my path of zombies, so I had a free run at the Helipad, LOL!!! >

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.