Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game and we played a 4 player game.

One thing I am not sure:

If you have a Monument on the board and 2 cards of this Monument's Civilization, you can add a Prince with the first card and remove the same Prince with the other card and get 2 Prestige Points. In other words, 2 cards for 2 Points and that near the end of a game will be very easy to do as you have more Monuments and cards of many Civilzation.

Is that the way it is or am I missing something? Of course there are other ways to use cards and maybe more efficiently...That must be the answer as we only played once.

Also, how can you explain that movement with the theme of the game: Bringing a Prince to Utopia and sending him back to his monument on the same move without building anything.
Is the Remove Prince ability is really necessary for the game balance?

I need your commnents...

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find anything in the rules to prevent that, but maybe one of the designers comes in and gives a definitive answer. I have managed to pull a victory from behind mostly by using that tactic in the last turn. But don't forget that if you use an opponent's monument to place a prince, that player gets 1 prestige point.

Quote:
Is the Remove Prince ability is really necessary for the game balance?

I think it helps counterbalancing luck of the draw and I wouldn't remove it completely, but I agree that placing a prince and removing him immediately feels a little lame. There might be a rule stating that you could not remove a prince during the same turn he was placed via a monument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud URBON
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hello,

You can. It is not the most efficiency way to win
You have 4 cards by turn (if you are not the first and if you are not the last player) and 3 princes. So we can imagine with your 4 cards, you use 2 to remove princes (hopefully arrived in an island with a district of the same civilization) and the two others cards to add and remove a prince.
So you gain 6 points per turn. In 6 turns you will have 36 points...not enought to win

In fact, remove prince is only efficient in the last turn for the final sprint to optimize the use of the cards you have and the prince you have on board.

Cheers,

Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In fact, remove prince is only efficient in the last turn for the final sprint to optimize the use of the cards you have and the prince you have on board.

No arguing on that, and it's what I did in the game I mentioned. As you can save cards from one turn to the next, removing princes rarely comes into consideration before the last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replying to the post, Arnaud.
Good game by the way and really beautiful components and artwork.

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud URBON
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
owll wrote:
Thanks for replying to the post, Arnaud.
Good game by the way and really beautiful components and artwork.

Owll

It's a pleasure.

Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nono wrote:

You can. It is not the most efficiency way to win
You have 4 cards by turn (if you are not the first and if you are not the last player) and 3 princes. So we can imagine with your 4 cards, you use 2 to remove princes (hopefully arrived in an island with a district of the same civilization) and the two others cards to add and remove a prince.
So you gain 6 points per turn. In 6 turns you will have 36 points...not enought to win

Would it be 3 points per card pair or only 2?

We read the rules to say only another player can get the point for bringing a prince on at a temple. Is this correct? Or can you put a prince at your own temple and gain a point?

Also, if one uses three cards to place a prince anywhere and it happens to be an opponent's temple, does the opponent still get a point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.