Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Blue Moon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Increase to X power booster cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use a booster card that increases your total power to a certain number, do you add your support cards to it or is it the real TOTAL power for your entire area?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpf wrote:
It's the real total power, so Support cards don't count.


Except that if your power (support cards - and all other cards - included) is already over the given value, it doesn't reduce it.

OK, I've never seen it in a game, but I do answers never seen in games as well as those that are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, good to know, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpf wrote:
It's the real total power, so Support cards don't count. Some boosters cards say that the printed value on the Character increases to x, and in that case, Support cards would add to it.


Ah, only just spotted a chance to nitpick!

Some booster cards increase your value. None increase your printed value. (Four Khind characters reduce your printed value though.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:

Except that if your power (support cards - and all other cards - included) is already over the given value, it doesn't reduce it.
OK, I've never seen it in a game, but I do answers never seen in games as well as those that are.


I've seen it happen and did it myself a couple of times to reach the 6 card limit or to burn cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

Except that if your power (support cards - and all other cards - included) is already over the given value, it doesn't reduce it.
OK, I've never seen it in a game, but I do answers never seen in games as well as those that are.


I've seen it happen and did it myself a couple of times to reach the 6 card limit or to burn cards.


I can see the logic, and I've burned unnecessary cards for both of those aims. But to the best of my recollection not an increase power booster when already over that value. (Supports in the wrong element, yes, though also good with a mutant in hand.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.