Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played only a couple of games of Hive so far, I love it, my oldest daughter really enjoys it, she's already stomped me those 2 games we played!

I got to wondering, after the beetle has been placed, can that piece (the beetle) be placed on top of the Queen Bee? If so, can he simply be left there? To me, this almost seems like cheating the game somehow.....

All input welcome,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's perfectly legal. The only real way to stop it is to place one of your beetles near the queen to crawl on top of his beetle before he gets there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes a beetle may remain on top of the queen. But a beetle may also pin another players beetle before it gets to the queen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can. And it is a good tactic to use your Beetle to immobilize the opponent's Queen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a bettle can be moved and placed on top of a Queen Bee.

And actually you could then starting on your next turn, laying down your colors bugs to surround the Queen Bee as long as they meet the placement rules of not touching another color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and a beetle can climb onto a beetle that's already on another piece. Thus it can happen that there is a stack 5 high of all 4 beetles stacked on top of another piece. All underneath cannot move, and only the top beetle's color matters for purposes of placing a new piece next to the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Yes, and a beetle can climb onto a beetle that's already on another piece. Thus it can happen that there is a stack 5 high of all 4 beetles stacked on top of another piece. All underneath cannot move, and only the top beetle's color matters for purposes of placing a new piece next to the stack.

sounds like a fun way to use Hive to play that grabbing-a-baseball-bat game, where the winner ends up with their hand at the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.