Popular Tags: dice_tower [+] [View All]
Scott Clifton
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a dice tower on-line and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a good site to buy one. This is my first tower and I want it to be a great one! My max. price range is around $75. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a simple dark wood, and I want it to be padded as well. If anyone has any suggestions on buying a tower, who makes the best towers and what site to go too, I would greatly appreciate the advise. Thanks so much for your help and happy gaming to everyone. Take care.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Heaton
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just make it yourself? It isn't that hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, That's super not helpful...

E-bay has a few, check out Vixen Tor for cheaper models with neat decals.

I think some of the ones on e-bay will suit your tastes just fine and I have dealt with the seller before. Very good service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're in the USA, I would recommend getting an unassembled cherry finish dice tower from Blue Panther LLC, and then adding felt padding (you can get from a craft store) before assembly. If you want, they can customize the laser etched graphics on the front for you at minimal extra cost.

Clark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SeeKay
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

i second vixen tor. I have one and its held up great. you can get the felt as an option. good service, super nice guys.

http://www.vixentorgames.com/subcategory.asp?category=2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Severino
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely seek out VixenTor Games (http://www.vixentorgames.com). Best dice towers out there and owner Matt Drake is a very nice guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like the dice towers from Mini Dice Towers, and in particular I like their dice towers which don't use ramps but instead use what they call a "pachinko" system of rods for the dice to bounce and spin off:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clifton
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the advice. Vixen is one of the sites I've been looking at and they seem to have a good reputation.
I've also been looking at a site called Crosstown games http://www.geocities.com/crosstowngames/dicetower.html Does anyone have any experience with them? There towers look really nice. If anyone has a comparison to the two sites that would be great.
The thought of making A dice tower would be a fulfilling task, but I definitely don't have the time, patience or tools to do so, but its a good thought for the future.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clifton
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit the"pachinko" system looks pretty cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how well does the pachinko style dice tower randomize the dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lark23 wrote:
I've also been looking at a site called Crosstown games http://www.geocities.com/crosstowngames/dicetower.html Does anyone have any experience with them?

I bought from Crosstown games the first time around (before he closed the site, and stopped making dice towers, for a while). I LOVE my CG dicetower! It's nicely padded, and very high quality. I've been using mine regularly for over a year and you can't tell! My gaming group loves it! Rob Fosnaugh makes a quality product and I certainly recommend him.

Diane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lark23 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice. Vixen is one of the sites I've been looking at and they seem to have a good reputation.
I've also been looking at a site called Crosstown games http://www.geocities.com/crosstowngames/dicetower.html Does anyone have any experience with them? There towers look really nice. If anyone has a comparison to the two sites that would be great.
The thought of making A dice tower would be a fulfilling task, but I definitely don't have the time, patience or tools to do so, but its a good thought for the future.

Scott

Scott,

I know Rob personally (and have purchased beautiful card racks from him). I have never bought or seen (other than the website) his dice towers, but I can assure you his craftmanship on his card racks is superb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kozlowski
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I, uh, guess I had a lot of geekgold?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd back up the Vixentor recommendation; my review of the tower says pretty much everything I'd say about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob F
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still here! Just finishing up a few towers tonight actually. While I don't have personal experience with Vixentor towers, I can tell you that they look very cool and all feedback I've ever heard about them was excellent!

My advice would be to determine what type of tower you want. If it is flashy and crisp, you should go with Vixentor. If it is classic styling with custom woodburning, I'd go with mine . And if you want a true solid oak (heavy) dice tower, there are a few top notch sellers out there (sorry I don't have any names right now, but as mentioned they are on Ebay). Oh... can't forget dice boots either, but you'll most likely be lining them with foam or felt to get them to the desired noise level. Portability is a great aspect of those though.

Just for your stirring up additional interest in dice towers here on BGG and mentioning me in your post, I'll do a woodburned initial for free. Actually anyone who orders and mentions this post will receive a woodburned initial for free ($10 value). If you want additional customization, I'll knock $10 off of the price of the woodburning.

Thanks!

rob
www.geocities.com/crosstowngames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
pdclose wrote:

I bought from Crosstown games the first time around (before he closed the site, and stopped making dice towers, for a while). I LOVE my CG dicetower! It's nicely padded, and very high quality. I've been using mine regularly for over a year and you can't tell! My gaming group loves it! Rob Fosnaugh makes a quality product and I certainly recommend him.

Diane

I second this recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clifton
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks Rob,
I actually just sent you an email asking about your towers. Didn't realize you were here on the Geek, but of course it would make sense for you to be. I really appreciate the advice. Classic is what I'm going for and yours look great!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw another recommendation in for VixenTor from me. I actually bought three different dice towers because the art work is cool and well done. I like the foam lining inside too as it dampens the clack of the dice.

Well made
Beautifully crafted
Highly functional

Great addition to any game table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kreft
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
If you are so inclined you can make on on the cheap with foam board.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-Formboard-Dice-Towe...

For $25 I'll make you one out of wood and paint it red or black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.