Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard some people say that the training mission isn't the best one to start out with. What would you say is the best mission to start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Training mission isn't actually the easiest mission, but it does teach you how to run a ship efficiently. So in that sense it is good. It depends on your group, if they are all used to gaming then I definitely would go with it as it will teach them how to do all the basic actions. If however they take a bit longer to learn games try one of the 1 complexity missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
I always like Mirror Universe as my first mission to new players and refs. Basically you set up the same ship, use the same stats as the players. This mission has a very low "set up" factor and gets the ref and players used to regular actions. Plus due to the fact that you are using copies of the character that don't have luck the players should win and feel excited about it.

Btw, give all the enemy crew goatees, even the bots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Zarate
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
I have introduces two groups using the "Bootcamp" mission. I definetly think is a very good way to introduce a group if the ref handles the rules correctly. It gets players to quickly feel the need of cooperating and organizing as a cohesive tripulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Bad Apple Shakedown with experienced gamers, as it gives the science officer an important role besides getting targeting locks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Crystal Planet is the one I always use for new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I also go with Bad Apple Shakedown as a great introductory mission because it has boarding action and ship to ship action.

I really like Sin's goateed bot idea, however.

Also for your first mission, you might lower the Mission Difficulty by one. Experienced players are going to know some tricks of the trade.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.