Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you eliminate the current trail and add it to the deck and reshuffle(except the 2nd disaster)? This reformation of the deck includes any artifacts not taken or are they removed if not taken?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The current trail is reshuffled into the deck, except for a 2nd disaster card, if any. I have Diamant, which doesn't have artifacts, so I can't comment on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
In Diamant, you reshuffle everything back into the deck, so that you're starting with the same cards every time. In the one game of Incan Gold I've played, the artifacts were removed if no one picked them up, but if they didn't come out during the drawing of the cards, they stayed in the deck for future rounds. Everything else went back into the deck for the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Wait, the second disaster card isn't supposed to go back in the deck? I missed that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Wait, the second disaster card isn't supposed to go back in the deck? I missed that rule.

The 2nd disaster card is removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Welborn wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

The 2nd disaster card is removed.

Yes. And this makes it slightly more likely that a later cave will go further before a disaster shuts it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, I made the same mistake for upteen games. Looking forward to playing soon with the correct rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:

Add another one to the list - I've played Incan Gold countless times and somehow had missed this rule also, and I'm glad to have this corrected! I checked the rules of Incan Gold and they are quite clear, however: a second Hazard card that triggers the end of a tunnel is to be removed from the game and placed under the temple card. As mentioned already by others, this slightly decreases the odds of Hazards being drawn in future expeditions, thus giving the potential to raise the stakes as the game proceeds. A good rule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The toastest with the mostest
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, this was quite helpful. I've always obeyed the rule of removing the 2nd hazard card and unobtained artifacts but I don't remember reading anywhere in the rules about actually returning and reshuffling the rest of the cards back into the deck with everything else rather than just adding on to the path already laid down. The rules were pretty unclear about that part. Without that, it makes the game extremely short and people rarely get more than 20 points worth of treasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
My first play of this we just kept adding to path of cards already dealt.

So I am a little confused, I have read the rules for Incan Gold several times now after reading this thread and find no clear cut description stating you pick up the existing path. Was there an official FAQ or clarification or am I just mis-reading a vital sentence blush

I can see the sense in playing it that way just wanted to get a handle on where it came from..

Many Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am confused, since I don't see the picking up the trail at the end of the round in the rules. Maybe it is inferred somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't remember reading anywhere in the rules about actually returning and reshuffling the rest of the cards back into the deck with everything else rather than just adding on to the path already laid down. The rules were pretty unclear about that part. Without that, it makes the game extremely short and people rarely get more than 20 points worth of treasure.

It's not clear. There's another Rules Forum question that discusses this called: Sanity check on Quest card shuffling between expeditions
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/153417.

"A new round is begun using the same rules as above" takes you back to shuffling in an artifact card, "making the Quest deck for this round" and turning "the top card from the Quest deck face-up." You would think they could have mentioned pulling up the old path and discarding its jewels and shuffling those cards in with the other cards. It's a pretty big oversight.

And yes I know someone is going to comment, "What's not to understand!?" like they did for the "dividing 4 jewels among 8 people" questions. If there's this much confusion, there is stuff that wasn't understood.

Not to mention that the very first words of the rules say "Players 3-6" when clearly the game is meant for up to eight players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Welborn wrote:
Correct. The current trail is reshuffled into the deck, except for a 2nd disaster card, if any. I have Diamant, which doesn't have artifacts, so I can't comment on that.

Diamant doesn't have artifacts?? I thought it was the exact same game as Incan Gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Diamant doesn't have artifacts?? I thought it was the exact same game as Incan Gold.

Artifacts were introduced in Incan Gold, but then were back-ported into Diamant when its new edition came out recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.