Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if this would fly at others' gaming tables:

We had won Lancelot's Armor. We were playing with the knight that is allowed to peek at the Black card before deciding what to do (sorry, can't remember knight's name right now). After peaking at the card the knight said "I recommed we find other things to do besides drawing a black card until (Player A with the armor relic) can look at the top two cards and discard one."

He didn't give any definite information about which card it was, but made it obvious that it was one that we absolutely didn't want and found away around it. Would other groups let this be said, or discourage it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We would be fine with that being said. We would not be okay with him revealing the specific card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Kelly - sounds perfectly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pshaw. Placing it back on the top of the deck should be signal enough. The less table talk, the better the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great to me and definitely better than less table talk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I would have said it was fine as well and within the spirit of what should be discussed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto, revealing it w/o revealing the card would be fine by me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
ditto, revealing it w/o revealing the card would be fine by me

It's entirely up to your group. Figure out how much talking you like, and go with it. In my group, we'd all sit back and discuss, because Matt put that card down and lost a life instead, how we would play the next round or two. Other groups wouldn't say a word.

The flexibility of the collaboration rules is one thing I really like about Shadows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the input everyone. Glad to hear that this kind of thing would fly in most groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
To be the voice of dissent. At our table there would be none of this "card" blasphemy! That said a simple "Much too perilous" or "I fear my armour is too thin for such a quest" would be acceptable. They are functionally the same but the more you stay in character the more fun the game is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
anonanee wrote:
To be the voice of dissent. At our table there would be none of this "card" blasphemy! That said a simple "Much too perilous" or "I fear my armour is too thin for such a quest" would be acceptable. They are functionally the same but the more you stay in character the more fun the game is.

Well said. Welcome to the Geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our rule about table talk is that you may not give specific information about cards you've seen. You are certainly allowed to warn about approaching danger (in general terms) and communicate an idea for dealing with it.
Similarly, saying something like "The Saxons will soon overwhelm Camelot's defenses." is a fine way of saying that the next card will add a 4th Saxon. Etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.