Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the double 12 dominos for $12 at target and was disappointed by the paint all over some of them. Where can I get GOOD quality dominos without breaking the bank?

Thanks!
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Howe
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Did you buy Cardinal? I have bought several sets of Cardinal dominoes in colorful tins and they always seem like good quality to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did buy cardinal in the tin, but some of them had bad paint on them.... I guess I could get some of the more exotic ones with the black backs and the brass pins, just wondering if anyone has ideas on places to get good dominos which I know will all be perfect and without mispainted spots...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Hayter

Metuchen
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to your local Barnes & Noble and see if they still have any sets on 75% off clearance. For 5 bucks you get a nice-looking set of double sixes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how this started. I got one set, it had defects on the backs, second set mispainted all over the place. I said, forget it.... The $12 tin of double 12's from Target had less paint on them and the backs were fine :-)

I'm just asking for the "next" step up good dominos...

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Websteria wrote:
I bought the double 12 dominos for $12 at target and was disappointed by the paint all over some of them. Where can I get GOOD quality dominos without breaking the bank?

http://www.dominoes.com/

Made to order, high quality dominoes. The factory outlet store is up the road in Waco from me. I have several sets from them (a couple double 6s for 42 and a huge double 18 set). In fact, I need to get another set soon to host our neighborhood 42 group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stanley
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checkout the brands on ebay

you can often get a good deal on puremco (below retail prices)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sullivan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Just wanted to chime in, avoid Dominoes.com like the plague.

I ordered a set on a late Tuesday night and I didn't get a shipping confirmation until the following Monday. I sent repeated emails to them asking about my order and to just cancel the damn thing.

Finally come Monday morning I get a few emails from them saying that it shipped this morning. Another email stated that they're not open on Fridays so they never got my cancellation e-mails until after it shipped. Riiiight... Good to know they run a web store that goes completely dark for 3 days a week.

Just stick with Amazon.com. I ordered a set late Friday night, and it arrived at my house first thing Monday morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.