Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play the Red booster without any of the intervening booster sets? I'll be getting a set of the base game with the Red booster set in a trade--so I'd like to know if that's possible or I'll be missing something essential.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Most definitely. Red is the 1st expansion that you add into the game (Yellow is technically the first but comes with the base game). Each expansion builds off the previous so if you start skipping after this, you may run into some holes. But the proper order is Blue/Yellow, than Red. So you should be good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian! That was quick (and very helpful!) My son saw this being played and it seemed perfect for the 11 year old boy mindset!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a warning: if you add too many boosters the game gets quite interminable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved the base game, and added the Red booster. I'll probably stop there. The next set adds more carrots, and that makes the game longer.

Its long enought. Any more might over-do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.