Popular Tags: [View All]
Bo Link
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does drawing an Epidemic card as one of the two cards you're able to draw per turn mean you only really get to keep one card for that turn? I wasn't sure if you were supposed to draw another card to replace the Epidemic card. Thus, you would always add two cards to your hand each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't draw any additional cards. Any epidemic card counts as one of the two cards drawn. Furthermore, if you are unlucky enough to draw two epidemic cards, you don't get to keep anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
While it may seem like a further penalty to only have 1 card after an Epidemic, I think it is actually a benefit. Drawing another card would just shorten the game that much more. With 4 Epidemics, you would loose 2 full turns over the course of the game; with 6 epidemics, you would loose 3 turns. I haven't played my copy yet, but that seems like a lot of valuable time that you would loose if drawing a third card were permissible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bo Link
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to make sure. We played it where you replaced the epidemic card. I'll have to make sure we play it correctly from here on out. My wife and I still lost on the normal difficulty level. The intro level was pretty OK, don't know if replacing the epidemic cards helped or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
While it may seem like a further penalty to only have 1 card after an Epidemic, I think it is actually a benefit. Drawing another card would just shorten the game that much more. With 4 Epidemics, you would loose 2 full turns over the course of the game; with 6 epidemics, you would loose 3 turns. I haven't played my copy yet, but that seems like a lot of valuable time that you would loose if drawing a third card were permissible.

The deck limits the time you have to find cures, but the rate at which you can find cures is strictly limited by the number of cards you are able to draw. Drawing a third card would not cause you to find cures any later relative to the end of the game through card draws. It would just cause you to find cures earlier relative to number of infections.

In either case, you don't get an extra card when you draw an epidemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.