Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI

Milsims is having a boardgame sale for any and all interested.

Check out their site at www.milsims.com.au - online crazy specials.

Now where's my credit card????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Online Crazy Specials
Arkadia $44 (BN has it for $35 normal. Now 75% off)
Caylus $55

Looks like the prices are in Australian Dollars. It's still a rip off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not surprising that games retailed in Australia that are bought off US publishers cost more than from US retailers and are sold in Australian dollars. The subject should have in cluded Australia as a tag but the .au at the end of the URL is a bit of a giveaway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mabell_yah wrote:

Looks like the prices are in Australian Dollars. It's still a rip off.

cry

Umm.. Yeah. Because the price you can get it for in the US, shipped to the US is how it should be measured. And thus anyone not matching US prices to US customers is automatically ripping people off no matter where the business and it's customers are located... shake

You don't think that possibly the target for this deal would be, for example, someone living in Australia? And that for them this may (or may not, I only have one other data point, not enough to definitively say) be a good deal?

A quick check, and the first Australian boardgame retailer I found googling (not a clue if it's a reasonable comparison or not)

has:

Caylus: $79.95 (AUS)
Arkadia: $69.95 (AUS)

Thus, those look like decent enough deals to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They're good deals compared to the normal RRP in Australia, but not compared to US retail prices - which is why I get annoyed everytime someone on this site from the US whinges about how expensive a game is..!angry We are basically paying more than double (sometimes triple) what you pay in the US and the AUD is only 10% less than the USD.

If we order games from the US you need to add shipping to oz which is quite expensive, so the sale price here usually ends up comparable or slightly cheaper than buying and shipping stuff from the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you live in America, this may be a rip off, but to us Aussies, this is a good deal.
You Americans have it good with boardgame prices as a previous poster pointed out we pay often more than double yet our currency is running at just under 90c to the US dollar.

It irks me when americans complain about price of games as well angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy plenty from Milsims as their prices are usually the lowest, but their web site could sure use some work. This example from their February specials is typical:

Roborally
$44.99 $45.00
Save: -0% off

Every now and then they have 20% off almost everything in the shop, which is a great deal. Or if you can catch them at events like Cancon, they usually drop their prices then as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These look cheap:

* Asia Engulfed @ $60
* World War II: Barbarossa to Berlin @ $50
* Lost Cities @ $24.99
* Roma @ $24.99
* San Juan @ $24.99
* Vikings @ $33.00!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb

I've ordered some games from the States and as mentioned the postage is a minimum of $30 dollars + exchange rate (which isn't too bad at the moment). Once you add this on the very good US prices they are no longer so cheap.

It appears that the US Postal service doesn't have any ships anymore (or economy postage) and has to urgently fly things around the world with an enormouse increase in postage.

These are pretty good deals for us Aussies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben F
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have bought my last three games from MilSims as their prices are usually very competive in Ozzie land for Australians. Plus they also give a 10% discount if you are a member of one of the gaming clubs - like Gamers@Dockers. So if you had a game club card the prices listed above would be another 10% lower than the sale price.

Getting closer to the American prices....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I agree their website needs updating - plus it would be nice to know if the games are in stock before ordering!

game_boy wrote:
I buy plenty from Milsims as their prices are usually the lowest, but their web site could sure use some work. This example from their February specials is typical:

Roborally
$44.99 $45.00
Save: -0% off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Triffitt
Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took a risk and bought:

Jambo
La Citta

and Shogun

(I'll actually be in Melbourne this week, but wasn't sure if I could make the hike out to see them - besides the specials seemed to be online only.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.