Popular Tags: [View All]
Is Not Geddy Lee
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For any gamer Dad, are there better words ever spoken? My three year old came running into the kitchen after lunch with the game box and cheered when I put down the dish rag. The mess can be cleaned up later.

After getting the table cleared, Camille started off the game by making two stacks of cards and then drew the first one quickly. We go through the colors and talk a little about the color wheel (primary and secondary colors) as we play. The first few cards were either green/yellow or purple/red and we had some nice snakes building up. Camille scored the first one with a wild head and proclaimed. "I am winning! Hooray for me!" I don't know where she gets that from.

I was able to put together a small snake and Camille continued her reign of terror as she was drawing heads and combining small snakes together to make larger ones for herself. We had four different snakes going on the board now and the tiles were running out. I snagged a blue tail and was able to take a snake into my scoring pile, but Camille was able to get a middle piece that combined two small snakes into a large one.

We did wind up leaving a fat one on the table as the last card was a purple tail, when I needed a green one. Camille started laying out her cards in rows of 5 for counting. She is doing well on the teens, but needs more practice and games are a great way to practice. She scored 23. Then we counted up mine, in batches of threes this time. I snaked out a mere 17. soblue Camille then pranced about singing " I beat Daddy, I beat Daddy!"

Sigh. How long before she beats me at Princes of Florence? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your bit about your daughter bringing Hisss to you as you did dishes reminds me of a month back, when I woke up one Saturday morning to see my 2 year old standing next to my bed holding the The Little Orchard box. "Do you want to play?" I asked, and she nodded her head, so I lifted her up and we played right there. I'd choose a game in bed over breakfast in bed any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.