Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: I have attained my quest. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have cooked successfully today a cheese omelette.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My cheese omelettes inevitably become cheese scrambles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Omelettes are just scrambled eggs neatly formed.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
puckhead wrote:
My cheese omelettes inevitably become cheese scrambles.


Nothing wrong with a good cheese scramble.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
Omelettes are just scrambled eggs neatly formed.
No, they're beaten eggs, neatly formed.

So many people think that if you beat an egg in a bowl and then fry it up in a pan, it's a scrambled egg. There's no scrambling in that. To scramble an egg, you must move it around constantly in the skillet. And that's not even close to an omelette.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
Omelettes are just scrambled eggs neatly formed.
No, they're beaten eggs, neatly formed.

So many people think that if you beat an egg in a bowl and then fry it up in a pan, it's a scrambled egg. There's no scrambling in that. To scramble an egg, you must move it around constantly in the skillet. And that's not even close to an omelette.


Besides which to make a good omelette you should add some milk while beating the eggs. Makes for a fluffy omelette.

I shall now pursue the quest of cooking a decent onion soup with cheddar cheese, without using the rinds!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
A GOOD omelette is far superior to MERE scrambled eggs.

The trick is to have a REALLY good omelette pan.

The other essentials are..
- Virgin Olive Oil.
- Fresh Eggs.
- A really good cheese. Guyere is my personal favorite for omelettes- it melts JUST so.
- Sea Salt and cracked pepper.

To mix it up some, add some fresh sauteed mushrooms and green bell peppers. Grilled Onions for those who dare. Or, for the carnivores out there, some nicely fried ham or bacon. (Christ, I just said the magic word.....)

Top it off either with a nice white sauce (French Style), or a really good salsa (Tex-Mex style), some REALLY good bread, Croissant, or fresh tortillas, some fresh fruit, and THAT's a breakfast.

Hmmmm.....*getting some ideas for later on.....*

Darilian
(Breakfast in bed is not a feat. GREAT breakfast in bed- now, that's a trick.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
MGBM wrote:
Randy Cox wrote:
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
Omelettes are just scrambled eggs neatly formed.
No, they're beaten eggs, neatly formed.

So many people think that if you beat an egg in a bowl and then fry it up in a pan, it's a scrambled egg. There's no scrambling in that. To scramble an egg, you must move it around constantly in the skillet. And that's not even close to an omelette.


Besides which to make a good omelette you should add some milk while beating the eggs. Makes for a fluffy omelette.

I shall now pursue the quest of cooking a decent onion soup with cheddar cheese, without using the rinds!


MILK?? Heathen! A Blasphemy!!!

I only use Milk with Eggs if I'm making a 'raised omelette'- a fluffy sort of 'pseudo soufflee' that I do cuz I don't have a souflee pan right now. An good omelette made in pan shouldn't need milk in it, as long as you whip the eggs properly and don't have the heat up too high.

And French Onion Soup should NEVER, NEVER, EVER be made with 'cheddar' cheese. Its too salty a cheese for that soup. Guyere, or Provolone. Jarlsberg is another good choice. But cheddar? *ugh*. If DO use cheddar, cut back on the salt you put in the soup by about HALF, if not more. Or use REALLY sweet onions, like Walla Walla's or Vidalia's.

Now I'm getting hungry!! *Curse You!*
Darilian
(Instead of watching sports, my father and I cooked. I had a VERY messed up childhood.)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
And French Onion Soup should NEVER, NEVER, EVER be made with 'cheddar' cheese. Its too salty a cheese for that soup. Guyere, or Provolone. Jarlsberg is another good choice. But cheddar? *ugh*. If DO use cheddar, cut back on the salt you put in the soup by about HALF, if not more. Or use REALLY sweet onions, like Walla Walla's or Vidalia's.


Problem is, I can't get any of those cheese over here except, you guessed it, Cheddar. It's unholy to place it on onion soup, I know, but I remember watching the TV cooking program Two Fat Ladies where they used cheddar on an onion soup, but it wasn't a french onion soup, it was quite an english variant.

And now, the cooking quest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
(Instead of watching sports, my father and I cooked. I had a VERY messed up childhood.)


Sounds like a quality childhood to me. I plan to do the same with my son.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.