Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If I have the choice between taking a worm off the grill and stealing an opponent's worm, can I ask to know what the second worm in the opponent's stack is?

I figure I may want to take his top worm if the 2nd in his stack is a high value worm tile (say, 3 or 4). That would then make his higher value tile vulnerable to a losing turn (I would especially want to do this if the tile on top of his stack (the one I'd be stealing) is a low value tile).

thoughts?
Please go easy on me as I have only played this game twice now.

mikey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legal?
You can always ask.
He can always lie.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If.... have.... choice? When my group plays, we play it such that you HAVE NO CHOICE. Either you take a worm off the grill, if not then you steal a player's top tile, if STILL not then you get nothing since you didn't roll enough to earn a worm from the grill or the tile you should've gotten instead is NOT the top worm in someone's stack.

I never read the rules myself, but the game owners of my said group tend to follow the rules to the letter as close as possible. On the otherhand, they've been wrong before with other games This will certainly pique my curiosity whether if it's a response from here or from when I get achance to read the rules.

EDIT:
According to this, there's no mention of it. The game isn't implemented to allow for that either, so I'm gonna say... NO. You can ask, but they don't have to show you.
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Anleitungen/Heckmeck/?nat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks!
we'll play "don't ask. don't tell"

mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is legal to ask. But it is also legal to not show.

we don't tell. It's add a memory aspect to the game. Games are close and sometimes the winner will be decided by the highest number on one of the stones of the players that had the most worms.

I try to shield good worms with low number worms once I think I am in front. fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only wouldn't they be obligated to show you, I don't think they are allowed to look themselves.

The rules tell you to make a stack of worm tiles so that just one tile is visible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.