Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok - this is probably a very naive question but I'm in the middle of my first gane and trying to get my head around some of the concepts

Relentless Assault says:
"Before the combat roll, eliminate up to two Shadow units. Add 1 to all dice on your combat roll for each such eliminated unit"

I presume that this means eliminate up to two Shadow units who are engaged in the battle ? ie I can't eliminate units on the other side of the board.

This would seem logical but I don't know if it's some kind of long range magic / dark power blush

Similarly for Onslaught

What I love about the game so far is the logic that you can apply to solve most rule queries (as it has a strong theme) but in this case I am not so sure of the intent.

Thanks! sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The effects of combat cards apply only to units, leaders and/or Characters engaged in that particular battle. This also means that any such figures left behind in a rearguard by the attacker are not affected.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like the game!

I'd like to point you towards my site and message board where you'll find the FAQ and a lot of interesting stuff about the game.

Please check out

www.warofthering.webb.se

and

www.veldrin.proboards22.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies and the weblinks

enjoying the game ?

NO - LOVING IT !!! sauronsauronsauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.