Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
flag msg tools
513ers Assemble!
I haven't written session reports in a while, but the end to tonights game was too remarkable to let pass without mention - and besides, I won

Four player game. Shannon had been stuck at 9 for a couple turns with Longest Road, making good use of the Sheep port. Sam was at 8 and threatening to win by taking Longest Road from Shannon. Nick had also just reached 8 and was also contending for Longest Road, but had little extra room to extend to. I was at 8 thanks to the Development Cards giving me Largest Army and an extra point - I had bought 11 of the 25 cards at this point in the game (I was setup for a card/city strategy, but never built a city).

Resources were distributed were rolled in the turns leading up to mine that I felt that the game would not last one more turn. I was fortunate enough to roll some Ore for myself and was able to trade for another with Shannon. I used my Year of Plenty to gather two Wheat and was debating between building a city (exchanging four Sheep with the bank to do so) to get myself a sure 9 or to try to chance drawing two VP cards from the top of the Development Card deck. Feeling that I wouldn't get another turn I opted for the latter.

The Chapel and the Market.

Never had I felt so solidly in last place for the entire length of the game until the final card was flipped, giving me the victory. All told, I had purchased over half of the Development Cards, and was fortunate enough to get almost every special card to help me acquire resources I had no chance at getting otherwise (I was on no Wood or Clay hex until the last few turns of the game and was blocked out of every port).

I stole one this night by playing well enough to put myself in position for luck to lend a hand.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.