United States
Beloit
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for more people to play boardgames with!

My wife and I moved to Beloit a year and a half ago and we don't get to play with our boardgame collection nearly as much as we'd like.

Send me some geek mail or email me at jadettman at gmail.com if you want to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Smith
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Check with Kryptonite Kollectibles in Janesville WI. They have a night of the week where they do some boardgames.

Kryptonite Kollectibles
1441 Plainfield Drive
Janesville WI

608-758-2100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pollard
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever find one? I'd be interested... perhaps we'll need to build this thing from the ground up. I know that Tomorrow is Yesterday in Rockford has a gaming area. Anyone know if there's a group that meets there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dettman
United States
Beloit
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark!

We've found a few people in the Rockford area to game with. Mostly we're playing RPGs with the infrequent foray into boardgames.

I'm always looking for more folks to play games with, though, so drop me an email (jadettman [at] gmail.com) and we'll see if we can coordinate something.

Best,

--Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Olson
United States
South Beloit
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would be willing to get together on a game group. I might even be able to get a few others to join as well.

Let's discuss this further via e-mail. Mine is (kaishaku [at] seppuku.us).

Also if anyone wants to meet at Rock-con, I'm willing. I know Mark was wanting to run a Werewolf game, maybe we can all meet up there.

I'd hesitate to suggest using TIY's game room unless they've cleaned it up a bit since the last time I checked it out. I'm on good terms with the management and owner there so I can talk to them about availability, scheduling, and maybe getting it cleaned up if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dettman
United States
Beloit
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

Yeah, due to internet outage and poor planning I failed to see Leland's post or to meet up with Mark during Rock-con.

I would still like to get some more boardgaming going, though, whether that be at TiY or some other venue.

Maybe we could set up a boardgame event at TiY just so we could all meet, get to know each other and then work out future details from there. What do you think?

Best,

--Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pollard
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TiY sounds good. What game? What day of the week?

For all my Board Gaming, I've never played Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Agricola, Race for the Galaxy, Caracassonne, Power Grid, Galaxy Trucker, or Ticket to Ride... just to name a few. As for what I have played... you can check out my collection, which is always up to date.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Thursday evening could work, as long as I'm not out too late. Weekends are OK too, as long as I have plenty of advance notice.

Let me know.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Olson
United States
South Beloit
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

The only days of the week that are bad for me are Friday and Sunday. Those are the days my RPG groups play, otherwise I'm open to whatever day you guys have available. I have another RPG group that is being put together by a friend of mine to be on Mondays (tentatively), but that one hasn't gotten off the ground yet.

Mark, I've got Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, and Carcassonne as well as expansions for Settlers and Carc. So we can get in some games of those anytime you want. I would also like to try Agricola, Power Grid, Race for the Galaxy, etc... In addition, I'd really like to try A Game of Thrones from your collection. I've been wanting to try that game for quite a while...and not just because I like the books.

You may also want to check my games list (which is up to date with the exception of some really old, obscure games that I haven't verified I still own - most of these are of the roll and move nature and wouldn't be of interest to most boardgamers these days) to see if I have anything else you want to try.

Incidentally, the "Hot 10" on my profile is a list of games I'm most interested in trying. If this group works out, I'll try to get any of them that others in the group don't already own so we may try them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dettman
United States
Beloit
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

The only days that absolutely won't work for me are Sundays, though I'd prefer Tuesday or Thursday evenings during the week or something on a Saturday afternoon.

Game-wise, I've got Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Catan, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride as well as many other games. I just got the chance to play Agricola and Race for the Galaxy at Rock-con and they were pretty cool. Agricola is more my preference but Race for the Galaxy is a nice quick card game. Sadly, I own neither but Agricola is on my list to buy in the future.

So, what do you guys think? It sounds like Thursday nights would work for all three of us.

Leland, would you be interested in talking to the folks at TiY about letting us use the room and seeing when would work best on their end?

Seems like a good next step.

Best,

--Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.