Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

I'd love to cross post this to the review forum here, but I don't know how to do that without it looking like I'm fishing for geekgold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good review. One of the things I liked was the prediction that homemade Jackson and Longstreet counters were not far off...while I realize that "Stonewall" and "Pete" ARE in the game (in Lee's ratings)I know that not including some of the famous names would invite tinkering, but I can't see unbalancing things just to get some names in the game.

Here is another line that caught my eye:

"The numbers on the War Effort track are so faded that I can’t read them from across the table. I hope that in future editions of the game, the numbers are brightened and made larger"

Not a huge problem, but when I saw the WE track the first thing I thought of was "wow, I wonder if I could get some white numeral stickers in the correct font for that thing", since stickers are probably cheaper than laser eye surgery.

Extremely minor issue with an otherwise fantastic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
hancock.tom wrote:
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

I'd love to cross post this to the review forum here, but I don't know how to do that without it looking like I'm fishing for geekgold.

Angle away!

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.