Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing a rule read-through before my third game tomorrow and thus far I have the following two questions:

1) Regarding rule 6.2.2 Huguenot Interception of Spanish Treasury. When the Huguenots intercept the Spanish Treasury, the resource piece is turned over to indicate that it has been used, but does it ever come off the board? Or does it just "reset" (i.e. flip back over) for the next turn?

2) This may be a bit nit-picky but ... regarding rule 6.3 "Maintaining or disbanding [armies] cost that faction 1 money piece from the treasury per army (exception: it costs 2 pieces to maintain each Catholic army)."

So does it cost the Catholics 2 money pieces to disband their armies as well?

Thanks in advance!

- Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1copse wrote:
1) Regarding rule 6.2.2 Huguenot Interception of Spanish Treasury. When the Huguenots intercept the Spanish Treasury, the resource piece is turned over to indicate that it has been used, but does it ever come off the board? Or does it just "reset" (i.e. flip back over) for the next turn?

The intercepting piece stays in the Huguenots Support Box, and cannot do anything until the end of the turn. Then it is turned back, and becomes available for actions again.

1copse wrote:
So does it cost the Catholics 2 money pieces to disband their armies as well?

No, as I read the rules, that's simply one money piece. (Though others interpret it as two pieces to disband, as is evident from some of the player aids on this site.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers, Emile!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple wrote:
No, as I read the rules, that's simply one money piece. (Though others interpret it as two pieces to disband, as is evident from some of the player aids on this site.)

Purple is absolutely correct and there is an error on the Catholic Faction Mat. Nice catch! Thanks.

It's never actually come up, and I wonder how often it ever would, as the Catholics usually don't have all of their armie$ on the board and would only need to re-raise a disbanded army infrequently I'd suspect. Nonetheless, to clear a path for an ally as part of a deal or something, it might be of benefit to disband for 1 treasury rather than abandoning it.

I'll have to make a point of it at our next game just to make sure everyone realizes the error on the Mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.