BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Help please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Waszak
United States
flag msg tools
I've played
Dragon Strike-Loved playing it but, some of the quest were very vague at what to exactly do.
Clue-I could never win lol. But it was fun for a while.
I can't stand war games like risk and stuff like that cuz it was so boring.
I basically like adventure and not so tough I'll be frustrated.

I've been dieing to play an awesome board game but, i want to play a board game that won't get old quick and that my family will enjoy to. Any Recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a little vague. There are hundreds of games we could recommend based on what you just said.

Do you have any previous game-playing experience? What games have you enjoyed? Hated? Tolerated? Been interested in? Found difficult?

What are your interests as far as the theme of the game is concerned (do you want to duke it out in a war, build a great city, be a pirate and search for treasure, etc, etc, etc... or maybe you like more abstract games like chess, checkers, etc?)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
And where are you? In Southern California, I could point you to groups that would let you try those hundreds of games without buying them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
And where are you? In Southern California, I could point you to groups that would let you try those hundreds of games without buying them.

Matter of fact, there is a games day scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) at one of the local game stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
And a free one at the El Toro (Lake Forest) Library 12-6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.