Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Europeans: Did you get mail from JKLM about preorder? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Rikberg
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As was said in some other thread, JKLM will be sending out the Agricola preorder in Europe. Because of the lower shipping cost, European preorders will be getting a $12 refund.

On the 16th I received an email from someone at jklmdirect.co.uk, asking if I wanted the refund to Paypal or if I'd like to use it towards some other Zman game. After some research I decided to order Pandemic and sent off a mail saying so. This far everything was good.

Later I received an email from David Norman, saying that I would be receiving an Paypal invoice. This mail however came from some other domain completely. Small red flag raised, but since I had not parted with any money yet I wasn't too concerned.

Later that day I received an Paypal invoice for the correct sum, payable to a third email adress (@aol.com). WTF? Odds for a scam went way up.

I surfed around a bit and it seems that things check out, but seriously people: this is 2008, not 1998. It does look everything but professional to send email from different domains, and then have an invoice for a third domain. Having everything under jklmdirect.co.uk would make it look less like a scam. Doing it this way can't be good for business.

So, I assume that everyone else got the emails as well and that the paypal invoice is legit?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got the e-mail. Haven't ordered anything yet, so can't comment on the Paypal invoice. Can't believe for a moment there's a scam here - would you really go to that trouble over the price of a discounted game? Did you try asking JKLM?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rikberg
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty confident that it's not a scam, since the email for the Paypal invoice is also on the http://jklmdirect.co.uk/ web page. However, before checking out the names and adresses involved it sure looked fishy. It's not a lot of money, but I thought it better to ask the geeks if they also received the same emails.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No e-mail here. Does it make a difference that I pre-ordered after Zev announced the probable deal with JKLM?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No email here either. But i didn't send a PayPal payment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No E-Mail here either, but there again I sent my card details. Without bombarding JKLM direct with enquiries, would it be possible to issue some sort of statement here as to what the latest news is?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No email for me, but again didn't use paypal route.

AB
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When did you guys who got emails have them come through? I ask because my wife pre-ordered it for me via the Paypal route but hasn't noticed any emails asking about the $12 refund. However, she gets a ludicrous amount of email and so could have missed it or thought it was spam. Knowing when the emails went out would help massively in narrowing it down.

Cheers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JKLM, Markus, and Dave Norman are all standing about 5 yards from me right now.

Yes, the emails are "legit". You *should* receive the email if you're in the UK and have already paid for Agricola by Paypal. If you gave Z-man your credit card details, you haven't been charged yet, won't have been "overcharged" for shipping, and aren't due a refund nor an email.

Simple.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
JKLM, Markus, and Dave Norman are all standing about 5 yards from me right now.

Yes, the emails are "legit". You *should* receive the email if you're in the UK and have already paid for Agricola by Paypal. If you gave Z-man your credit card details, you haven't been charged yet, won't have been "overcharged" for shipping, and aren't due a refund nor an email.

Simple.


Okay, can they say when the emails went out and from which email address? I'm having trouble locating the one that (in theory) was sent to my wife and that kind of info would be very helpful.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rikberg
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
Okay, can they say when the emails went out and from which email address? I'm having trouble locating the one that (in theory) was sent to my wife and that kind of info would be very helpful.


I got mine on the 16th (last Saturday) at 11:46 GMT. The sender was agricola[AT]jklmdirect.co.uk. I assume it was only sent to those who payed using PayPal before the European shipping costs were lowered.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Richard, for the clarification. I paid by credit card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy,

Mellon wrote:
As was said in some other thread, JKLM will be sending out the Agricola preorder in Europe. Because of the lower shipping cost, European preorders will be getting a $12 refund.

On the 16th I received an email from someone at jklmdirect.co.uk, asking if I wanted the refund to Paypal or if I'd like to use it towards some other Zman game. After some research I decided to order Pandemic and sent off a mail saying so. This far everything was good.

Later I received an email from David Norman, saying that I would be receiving an Paypal invoice. This mail however came from some other domain completely. Small red flag raised, but since I had not parted with any money yet I wasn't too concerned.

Later that day I received an Paypal invoice for the correct sum, payable to a third email adress (@aol.com). WTF? Odds for a scam went way up.


Sorry about that. I can confirm that it is genuine. The message has been sent to everybody from Europe who paid Z-Man by PayPal. If you have provided credit card details instead, then Z-Man will reduce the amount you are charged when your credit card is charged, so there will be no refund.

Mellon wrote:
I surfed around a bit and it seems that things check out, but seriously people: this is 2008, not 1998. It does look everything but professional to send email from different domains, and then have an invoice for a third domain. Having everything under jklmdirect.co.uk would make it look less like a scam. Doing it this way can't be good for business.


I agree. Unfortunately JKLM is not yet big enough to have an office full of staff - we all work from home, using our own computers for our work, etc. Hence there isn't the clear separation between our work computer system and our home computer system, so things do get mixed up like this from time to time. When I've been receiving e-mails, I've just been hitting reply, and apparantly my e-mail software automatically uses my default address rather that the address I received the e-mail at. I'll look into whether I can change this behaviour.

I have also spoken to Markus about this, and he has now reconfigured the PayPal account to use his JKLM e-mail address by default, rather than his personal address.

Thank you for pointing these issues out. As you say, they should be able to be resolved, now we are aware of them.

David.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mellon wrote:
I got mine on the 16th (last Saturday) at 11:46 GMT. The sender was agricola[AT]jklmdirect.co.uk. I assume it was only sent to those who payed using PayPal before the European shipping costs were lowered.


Just to confirm, you should have received an e-mail if:

- The delivery address you gave was in Europe, and
- You have already paid $93 to Z-Man for your pre-order.

If both of these are true, and you have not received an e-mail, then please contact me by GeekMail, or by e-mail at agricola [at] jklmdirect.co.uk

David.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I can relax then, found the receipt for $81 paypal, which explains lack of E mail. So I can simply wait patiently for it to arrive.........angryangry HA !! fat chance the wait is zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek D
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BAYLEYAW wrote:
Ah I can relax then, found the receipt for $81 paypal, which explains lack of E mail. So I can simply wait patiently for it to arrive.........angryangry HA !! fat chance the wait is zombie


This thread got me looking through my e-mails as well.... turns out I only paid $78 (Paypal also).... how did I manage that?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor Yorick wrote:
BAYLEYAW wrote:
Ah I can relax then, found the receipt for $81 paypal, which explains lack of E mail. So I can simply wait patiently for it to arrive.........angryangry HA !! fat chance the wait is zombie


This thread got me looking through my e-mails as well.... turns out I only paid $78 (Paypal also).... how did I manage that?!


The correct amount to have paid is:

$60 + $18 P&P = $78 if you are in the UK.
$60 + $21 P&P = $81 if you are in Europe.

If you're in the UK or Europe, you've overpaid, and you haven't received an e-mail from me, then drop me a GeekMail, or an email to agricola [at] jklmdirect.co.uk, and I'll try and work out what's happened.

David.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek D
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for that David. All's well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.