Daniel Cucco
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
I just received the storm of sword expansion, and now have the entire Game of Thrones Collection.

However the amount of game mechanics are now staggering and I know people have mixed opinions about certain mechanics in each set.

So far we have played with all of the mechanics except for forts/catapults from A clash of kings (and anything from SOS since we just got it). We always want to try them, but somehow never get around to doing so. Now that we have all three games we are ready to try everything and anything, but we want to play the most balanced game possible.

Thus my friends and I are looking for what people believe are the most balanced and fun combination of game mechanics.

Let us know which mechanics you like, which you omit, and why you like it that way.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The addition of ports is really the only added part that will enhance the "balance" of play. As far as all the additional components and mechanics go for a 5-6 player game, I think they are more about adding additional layers of choices and tactics to the game than adding balance. Add the ports, and then tailor it to how deep you want to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We like playing with 6 players, and we use ports from ACoK. Since there is quite a bit going on with 6 people, we also only add the Wildling cards from ASoS and replace the orange with the blue Westeros Deck.

When we have 4 players, ASoS right out of the box is very good and balanced.

If you play with 3 players on the base game, we have found that we like to add the leaders (and House Cards) from ASoS as they create more movement which is necessary with fewer players on the base game.

If you play fairly often, you might like trying different combinations and then once you've settled on some things that everyone likes -- just keep those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.