Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Cooper
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... with regards to miniatures and missing bits for Space Hulk, there is a guy called Wolfgang in Germany who runs a games shop in Munich:

http://www.games-in.de/

Scroll down to the bottom of the web page and you will see Space Hulk being advertised. You can get an approximate translation fom Google.

The story is that when the 1st edition of Space Hulk was being decomissioned, he somehow came to a deal with GW in Germany where he got most of the left over components for Space Hulk... but NOT the boxes, which hadn't been printed.

As a consequence he now offers COMPLETE SETS OF SPACE HULK (without the box) for approx.16 Euros as of 24th Feb 2008. That's approx. £12.00. For that, you get the COMPLETE GAME - pieces, miniatures, rules, the lot - just no box.

How do I know this? Because I ordered a set from him, and I can vouch that you get what is advertised. The figures are still on the sprues, the pieces are still in the factory cards. On the downside, the writing on some of the cards is in German, not English. However... 16 Euros for a complete MINT set of Terminators and Genestealers?!?!?!? 16 Euros for all of the corridor and room pieces in MINT condition! Yes PLEASE!

He does ship to the US, but you'd have to contact Wolfgang to get the postage from Europe from him.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
There are STILL some of these left??? I got mine about three or four years ago, when they were sold via ebay for roughly the same price.
Makes me wonder how many parts were left, when Welt der Spiele (the first publisher for german Space Hulk) was closed down.
For international customers it should be mentioned, that the rulebook is german. Apart from that it really is a great deal - go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Cooper
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy back in summer 2007, and he's still advertising them now... I think he must have several hundred copies of the Space Hulk stored in a backroom Also, when I ordered, he asked if I wanted the German or English rules, and I got English rules with my set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
16e for the base game seems pretty good. The postage isn't bad either - 39e. I'm not sure what the 17e "method of Payment" charge is though - then there's another 10e in fees! that makes it a pretty pricey game for someone from out of the Eurozone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This has come up in another Space Hulk thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/247067
I ordered 3 sets from him just before Xmas (presents for myself and 2 friends)... They arrived promptly and because the postage (to the Uk at least) is the same for 3 sets as for 1 set it worked out even cheaper. Managed to pick up an empty box and mint copy of the rules (he only supplys photocopies of the English rules) on Ebay and now I have a complete and mint copy of Space Hulk 1st Edition (for about £20 altogether)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
This has come up in another Space Hulk thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/247067
I ordered 3 sets from him just before Xmas (presents for myself and 2 friends)... They arrived promptly and because the postage (to the Uk at least) is the same for 3 sets as for 1 set it worked out even cheaper. Managed to pick up an empty box and mint copy of the rules (he only supplys photocopies of the English rules) on Ebay and now I have a complete and mint copy of Space Hulk 1st Edition (for about £20 altogether)...

I contacted him at info (at) games-in-vlg.de to place an order but i got no reply back.

How did you order? Is there another contact email address? Does he understand English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted him through the email address on his web site and he seemed to have near perfect English... Very communicative....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Cooper
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Dave, I contacted him via the e-mail on his web page, and although it took a couple of days he did get back to me. He was extremely helpful, and had very good English. Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caliburn wrote:
I agree with Dave, I contacted him via the e-mail on his web page, and although it took a couple of days he did get back to me. He was extremely helpful, and had very good English. Hope this helps!

Still no reply from him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed him a while back, too. No news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. S. Funk

South Carolina
msg tools
mb
Very interesting info. Thanks for posting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Brooklawn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I emailed him a while back, too. No news.

E-mailed him 3 days ago and haven't gotten a reply yet. It is a shame too because I really would love to have at least a couple new sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in Texas that would want to put together a group buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you noticed that the site says they are no longer available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lake Giles
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak German, so no, I didn't notice.

I find it odd they'd keep that product listed on there and not have a purchasing option. If they don't expect to have any more, and are sold out, then why keep it on there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyFrog wrote:
Have you noticed that the site says they are no longer available?

Yes, but when i asked two weeks ago it was still available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have been lucky. Emailed Wolfgang about a month ago, got a response 3 weeks ago and game delivered today. The miniatures have "GW 1991" stamped on the sprue. Everything just as I remembered it all those years ago. Rule book and campagne book are b&w photocopies. Ordered 3 copies for a couple of friends...total cost about 40 bucks per set. Not too bad for a perfect condition set minus the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I may be able to get part of a set; sadly the sheet with the short corridors will be missing, I will get an extra "long corridors" sheet. Can someone tell me if it will be playable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clarke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds what I need - for some reason I have all the small sections and the large ones are missing!

When I explain I am on a holy quest to recover my Space Hulk and expansions which my parents threw away he will undoubtedly give me a discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clarke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karim did you order them? I got something off ebay in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Cooper
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I got an e-mail back from him:

Hello,

we don't have the sheet with the short corridor pieces anymore.
We can send you an additional copy of the sheet with the long corridor
pieces instead. You have to cut 2 of 4-grid corridors with a jigsaw into
halves.

Shipment costs for up to 3 copies are EUR 23,90.

We use PayPal for credit cards.

Kind Regards,

Wolfgang Reich

Games-In
Dachauer Str. 42
80335 Munich
Germany

He was a bit slow to respond, but he is still trading, albeit with no short corridor pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same reply but shipping is expensive and you no longer get the short corridors.

Since i have 2nd edition, i'll not buy this edition at this price if components are missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I'm still sort of tempted. I already have 1st edition, but it would certainly be nice to have double the tiles, even if some of them are the wrong size. Hmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
Hmmm, I'm still sort of tempted. I already have 1st edition, but it would certainly be nice to have double the tiles, even if some of them are the wrong size. Hmmm.

Received mine today. nicely packed, some of the plastic parts coming loose though. board pieces are perfect, like new. As said, "short corridors" sheet is missing, I'll have to cut the extra "long corridors sheet" that was provided as replacement. I have to come up with a way to do this neatly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
People who are thinking of getting this have to know that even after having cut the long corridors into short ones you won't get exactly the same tiles as the original. you can get the right number of tiles, but their design differs.

Something else : I managed to cut my tiles neatly, using a needle to mark the shape of the cut, a cutter knife for the straight parts, and a micro chisel for the round corners. this way I can use both sides of the tiles I cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.