Tannhäuser» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pickup, drop, search crate actions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJ
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Can I drop an item and pick up the new item I am adjacent to all in one action?
If i spend my action on searching a crate, can I pickup the find immediately?

if so , can I drop and search and pickup in ONE action?

Please clarify.Thx

we have played once so far, took three hours, setup, rules read, action to be had, arguments and confusion to resolve...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very unclear in the rules, but yes you can. You pick search/drop/pickup in one action, and you can drop/pickup in one action.

Expect games to go a lot quicker than 3 hours once you are familiar with the rules...assuming you can find a good way to not need to constantly look up all the items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure whether the Tannhauser Rules and Reference Pack addresses your exact question or not, but pages 2-4 are excellent and have really sped up play for us. This rules summary is a lot more well organized and more concise than the rulebook that accompanies the game, which we found very difficult to use, to put it mildly.

Another excellent document that's been posted on BGG is the Player Aid for Character Packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
excellent help! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this exact problem come up in a game last night (I wanted to trade weapons between two figures which were both full). I had the first figure drop hers on a circle adjacent to both of them, then had the second figure give his gun to her and then pick hers up.

On page 12, iirc, it says you may perform one of the following actions during an action phase, and the following is listed as one option:

Pick up, drop, and/or give away an item.

(emphasis mine) It definitely says "and/or," which explicitly means you can combine any of the three. I may have got the wording slightly wrong, but I kept the spirit of the line.

I think you can only do one of each, the way it's written, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.