Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the 'Days of the Fox' scenario 'Hellfire Pass' I noticed that the Germans get 2 squad specializations for each division and 3 squad bases, but they have a mortar and a machine gun in each division. The manual in the base game (Pg 44) states that squads with heavy weapons can never have specializations. So unless the new specializations can be used with heavy weapons they can't fully utilize their specializations. Am I correct in this?? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those symbols represent Concealed Squad Markers not specialization tokens. You'll notice in the other scenarios, any specialization markers are specific to the scenario (i.e. In "Rescue Mission" the British div. 1 gets a "Recon" token). Although I have played a few "pick-em" games where we agreed on "x number of specializations each", I haven't seen a published scenario with a "pick your own specializations" set-up.
The rule covering Concealed Squads begins on p. 34 of the original Tide of Iron rulebook.

edited: fur typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Now that makes sense! Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Hellfire Pass...

My brother (as the Germans) acquired the "Hidden Mind Field" card... he was thinking (for a moment) to put it in one of his 88's, is the legal? I know it is kind of 2-fold: foolish and sneaky, the gun/ units would fire at half the FPr but, it would make for an even longer Day for the Brits trying to capture the Gun!

He decided he didn't want to waste his guns (thank goodness!)- I was just wondering has anyone else thought of that?

It says you can put down a mine field marker anywhere there are NO ENEMY units (nothing said about friendly units!)-lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I see no rule on this, I don't think that it could be realistically done. There's a lot of activity around an AT gun during a battle, it wouldn't do to have part of the gun crew stumble onto a mine while hustling up some more ammo. Even in the down time, it would be tough to lose a man who just went off to the loo. You just don't put mines that close to your own guys, the mines don't know who the "good guys" are.
Now, surrounding the whole hex with minefields...devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.