♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
So, I was looking at my BGG profile a minute ago, and noticed that I have been a member here for 5 years! It seems like just yesterday when I first stumbled across this site, and here I am, having wasted spent 1,827 days here. I mean, I remember when Grognads first popped up on the scene. I remember the early days of Ynnen and his >> GeekLists. Shoot, I remember Aleister Finchley! What the heck happened to him, anyway?

Ah, memories.... Which are your favorites from your time here on the Geek?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah, I beat you by a month!

My favourite time here at the geek can only be resumed in one sentence.

"200 yahoo boots fuck yahoo messenger how's want boots"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:

I wish I knew what that meant because it sounds funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
MGBM wrote:

200 yahoo boots fuck yahoo messenger how's want boots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I've been here so long, I remember when Derk had hair!

Okay, that last part was a lie, but I do remember when the site opened its doors, with the goal of becoming the "American Luding". Eight long years, baby! Fortunately, I was but a child then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy GeekDay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
MGBM wrote:

Don't ask. It is, truly, the definition of meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you describe your memories as "misty" or "watercolored"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite memories was contributing to the geeklist Once upon A Time. That was a unique experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Congratulations then Isaac, and yeah, my 5th year from being here is coming up in December. While for several years prior to that time, then I'd been within some other "Forums" that were more *Specialized*, and still do for a few of these. I think that is it the "community" here, with ALL of their varied interests, that is the most telling in HOW we're perceived by the many others. It is a wonder that we're able to get along as much that we are capable with, and THAT is what makes "the Geek" the certain *Special* place for everyone from ALL around the "gaming World"!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be here 5 years on August 19th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
mdp4828 wrote:
MGBM wrote:

200 yahoo boots fuck yahoo messenger how's want boots

Ok, I read the thread (the links don't work), and oddly enough.... I still don't get it. *shrug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Three years on Thursday, but I was an unregistered lurker for a year prior, because I remember buying WotR for my birthday at this same time 4 years ago, trying to find a "step up" game for my girlfriend from LotR:Risk.

I still remembering stumbling on this site some time prior to that (thinking that it was cool but looked like shit) looking for rules to Wizard's Quest.

It's fun being young because I can definitely say this website is one of the biggest factors on who I am today. I found it during those precious "find my identity" years and I am almost defined by my boardgame hobby now, and have no problem with that.

Thanks Aldie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent. And you have all the supporter badges too.

Speaking of which... I was a BGG parasite for a couple of years... using the resources, lurking and never bothering to grace the assembled Geeks with my knowledge and wisdom... until that fateful day Aldie created the BGG PayPal supporter function. It was guilt that finally brought me out of hiding and got me to send him money and descend the golden staircase to become one with the people.

The supporter badges are a trap by the way... because anyone who has a missing year in there is automatically suspected of being a cheap screw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
The supporter badges are a trap by the way... because anyone who has a missing year in there is automatically suspected of being a cheap screw.

LOL - Funny and true meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my geek page, I won't have five years until mid next month (3/17). However, I wrote a review on May 23, 2002. I'm pretty sure I didn't dare to write a review on Day 1 as a member on BGG, so I've always wondered just how long I've been here. I'd love to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
According to my geek page, I won't have five years until mid next month (3/17). However, I wrote a review on May 23, 2002. I'm pretty sure I didn't dare to write a review on Day 1 as a member on BGG, so I've always wondered just how long I've been here. I'd love to know.

I think that information is lost in obscurity. As when Aldie moved over the database it seemed like everyone was bunched in and around 12/2002-03/2003...Even though I've had a userID since at least 2001..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

I know I am. I've never charged for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asifagaria
Pakistan
Alaska
flag msg tools
mb
Randy Cox wrote:
mdp4828 wrote:
MGBM wrote:

Don't ask. It is, truly, the definition of meaningless.

your'e wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
Ok, I read the thread (the links don't work), and oddly enough.... I still don't get it. *shrug*

You clearly need to spend more time on the Internet, Marshall.

Or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
For me, it's the birthday of the 'Geek herself. And I always go search rec.games.board for the original announcement of 3dgamegeek.com/boardgamegeek. And then I look at all those posts I made, claiming new content for weeks afterward. And then I think of all the content that I put into the database by hand. And then it all becomes mush and we have microbadges and arrrh's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.