Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a copy of Pitchcar on order; should I buy an expansion? Which one?

The original (with jumps) is more highly rated, but I tend to prefer control over chaos, and am leaning towards Expansion #2. Am I crazy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Get both.

Seriously, they each add different aspects. I think extension #1 changes the game for the better. The split curves that allow you take a different route from the car ahead of you facilitating an overtaking are really cool. The jumps add controlled chaos.

The extension #2 foe the most part brings the 45-degree curves as the novelty but they allow more different track-designs rather change in gameplay.

I vote for extension #1. I should tell you that I have Pitchcar Mini and not Pitchcar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Expansion #2 over #1 (although I'm sure I'll pick it up sooner or later). Expansion #1 tends to slow down the game and spread the leaders away from the pack. The jumps are difficult to pin down until you get good at them, so often you have the first person to make it over the jump running away with the lead, and then two or three stragglers who can't make the jump at all. They are more awesome in theory than in practice.

The best part about Expansion #2 is the crossroads, because it adds more interaction with cars piling into each other. The quarter turns add some nice variability, but they make it somewhat more difficult to build tracks from scratch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all of them, including the extra long straights. I would say to buy them all if you can. They all have good points. The first one has the ramps. The second one has the criss-crosses. The long straights are just fun. Especially if do not use the guard rails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.