Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up Sumo from a second hand store for $3. What a bargain! I mainly bought it because I am a fan of everything Sumo related, and when I opened the box, I was happy to find all the components were there. The only problem was... no instructions.

So i downloaded some instructions posted by acetate3 (Thanks!) that were translated from Dutch, but i still have some unanswered questions.

When do the Sumo re-align to face each other?
Are they -always- facing each other?
And do movements always occur in the direction of the opponent (other than Mamorite?)

An example i have is this: Players are together, and I play Tsukidashi (move forward 2 spaces) but my opponent plays Mamorite (move 2 spaces without pushing). Defensive card moves first, and my opponent moves to the side. I then make my 2 space movement...

So do i re-align my sumo to face my opponent before moving 2 spaces? Or would i still charge forward towards where he -was-?

And a final question: Can i use my attacking (star) movement cards to move -away- from my opponent? Eg Backwards or sideways?

I totally love this game, I just want to make sure I'm playing it the correct way. I appreciate your opinions on this, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty unbelievable that there are still peaople out there playing this game

As for the questions I think the Sumo do always re-align before movement, the thing is that with the two space attack (attack 6) the Sumo must charge streight. So as in the example you gave, if your opponent choses to use Mamorite to move to your side, you just turn around facing your opponent after his movement and then push him/her.

Attack can never be used to move away from the opponent, they always move towards him/her.

Have fun!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.