Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What stops a group from playing Successors with eight players? Is it possible? It would be more immersive it seems when one person plays one General. Or am I wrong? Thanks

Adhika

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bowers
United States
Cleveland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Interesting thought...Have you tried such a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, not yet. I have yet to purchase Successors. My "to buy" list is still quite long

If Successors could be played with 1 player per General it would bump up this game up on list significantly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the generals are significantly stronger than others.

We used to try and mitigate this a bit by passing out 2 cards, letting everyone keep on, and then reshuffling and passing out the rest, so that you had a little bit of a chance for some choice in the matter.

There are two "extra" generals beyond the starting 8 and some tried making it a 5 player game by using these, but the disparity in strength hurt.

Given that an 8 player game would involve adding a lot more bits (control markers for one thing)

and mean that a player had a LONG time in between turns...

while keeping in place the Usurper rule that would mean there are now 7 players/generals free to attack whoever is in the lead....

All in all, I'll let you give this a try yourself. I see way too many problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.