Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been on my radar for awhile after stumbling across it a few months ago.

Being a geek and not wanting to just play with paper and pencil I held off playing until I had scavenged together some bits I have lying around for gold and tribes. I printed a map I made using Photoshop. I even went out and found Shrinky Dink paper (suggested by Rob Young roby2358) and made the terrain chits. I printed the Event and Advance cards and sleeved them.

There I was, proud of my work and itching to grow my new empire to become the best they could be.

On the first turn I dispersed my tribes to neighbouring lands and had no event. On the second turn new tribes were created and the majority went back to the home province in the hopes of establishing a city and a farm.

That was when I met the Gildans....or should I say Kildans on my first ever event. My people were hopeful for trade with these new found friends. Unfortunately the Gildans had other things on their mind, like pillaging. The force of eight Gildans swept through my defenseless outer provinces and then descended upon the home province wiping out the people gathered there to build their first city and farm. Needless to say all they accomplished to make was a large battlefield and my first empire came to a crumbling and deadly halt.

I suck, but I will endure and lead forth a new people into this troubled land.....maybe after I get a hug.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bren Mayhugh
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*hug*

Yep, initial visitations that go bad often kill the game (I have be destroyed in the first card!) At least it is easy to start the game anew.

Good luck with your next empire,
-Bren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.