Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game of Incan Gold a few weeks ago was forgettable. I say that purely because I did terribly. Well, more to the point, I wish it was forgettable. But there's a session report pointing out how terrible I was, so I guess it's in the hivemind of BGGeekers forever now. At least those who bother reading my reports.

This was Josh's first game of Incan Gold, and the second game for Mike, Randy, Rich and myself. We braved ourselves, and set out into the imposing tomb.

Round 1:
- Spider

At this point, Josh, Mike and myself all turned tail and ran for it, thus picking up the grand total of 4 gems each. 2 gems were left in play, and I was very worried that Rich and Randy - the "brave" ones - would run riot.

- Snake
- Rocks
- Spider

Apparently not. We later found Rich's and Randy's bodies swollen and caught in webs. Sighing, we went to the main camp and activated their clones.

Round 2:

Sort of deja-vu here. Rich and I both decided we'd had enough of life in the temple, and ran for the exit, banking 6 gems apiece. Mike, Josh and Randy continued in.

- Idol (5)

Josh then out-bluffed Mike and Randy, scooped up the idol, and ran for the exit, banking a nice 9 gems!

- Mummy
- Rocks
- Spiders
- Fire
- Mummy

We later discovered Randy's clone and Mike's body wrapped in bandages and lying on an altar. Don't ask me how that happened - I wasn't there. Josh was quite happy with himself.

Round 3
- Snake
- Idol (5)

Rich and Josh both ran for the exit, but in their jostling they left the Idol behind. They did manage to bank 3 gems apiece. Randy's 2nd clone, Mike's clone, and I continued into the temple.

- Snake

Ow. We'd outsmarted ourselves. I later found my body with some nasty puncture marks in the neck. Eep.

Round 4
- Fire
- Mummy

Josh ran for it, and pocketed 3 gems. I began to worry about how well Josh was doing. Randy's 3rd clone just kept leading the way further in, without a backwards glance.

- Snake
- Idol (10)

I grabbed the Idol, and headed back (11 gems worth). Mike's and Randy's clones looked back at me curiously, feeling that there was still treasure to be found. It's a funny experience when you've got an idol on the table: you want to leave, but not at the same time as someone else. Bluffing is key!

- Fire

I'd gotten out just in time. We later found Randy's 3rd clone on a spit with a chicken hat on. These temple spirits have a sense of humour, it seems!

Round 5
You'd think by this time that Randy's final clone would be feeling a sense of paranoia. Nothing could be further from the truth as he led the way into the final temple.

- Fire
- Rocks

Josh and I took the better part of valour and ran for our lives. 4 gems apiece, and I was completely unsure as to whether Josh had more gems than me or the others would get many gems in the deeper tunnels...

- Mummy
- Snake

Oh yes, I was worried now, as Rich ran for the exit, taking 11 gems with him. Randy and Mike continued on into the tunnels, Randy leading the way, as normal.

- Spiders
- Rocks

We never saw them again.

Final Expedition Results
Randy: 0 gems. He never returned alive. Not even once.
Mike: 4 gems. He returned from the first mission, but not again.
Josh: 23 gems. He returned from all five missions alive!
Rich: 24 gems. He died in the first and fourth missions.
Merric: 26 gems. I only died in the 3rd mission.

Well, I'd won... although the score was very, very close between Josh, Rich and me. Fun game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.