Thumb up
1 Posts

Al Cabohne» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Played another solitaire session of Al Cabohne. I find the game strangely addictive - the rules are simple and the "growing beans" element is somewhat reminiscent of traditional solitaire card games.

Before this last game, I went over the rules again and discovered I had been breaking some rules in my old games.

This game, I was very careful in what beans I planted and was very cold blooded in harvesting "two bean fields" in order to avoid paying any tribute to the Bean Mafia. This, and careful discarding of beans out of my hand onto empty Bean Mafia fields in order to facilitating growing bigger bean fields (more cards in the fields), resulted in a game score of 26-13 or 26-26 (since you must double the Bean Mafia's score). So, a tie.

The game went quickly and without mishap except for one instance in which I absent mindedly shuffled my hand, resulting in a slight change in the ordering of the cards. I think if I teach this game to my friends and family, the biggest thing that they will have to resist doing is shuffling their hands as many players are prone to do that in other card games.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.