Thumb up
1 Posts

Dungeoneer: Haunted Woods of Malthorin» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Another solitaire session using the modified form of Greg Forster's solitaire rules.

Again, I chose the Druid, although I'm about ready to give up on him. This time around, during the build phases, I could not find the places on the "map" that I was supposed to go to in order to achieve my quests. So I mainly wandered, gather up glory (and peril) points and got attacked from time to time by a giant spider (which stayed as the first monster in the pack) as well as other threats.

Finally, the spring card came up and I was able to go there and load up on some of that magical water to bring back to the ville. In the meantime, I had loaded myself up with as many permenant boons and nice artifacts to achieve my first quest along with drinking deep from the spring and recovering as much of my health as I could. The monster that became enraged by my attempt to achieve the quest was a banshee...and he promptly tore me to pieces.

I think I'll try another character the next time around because the Druid's wimpiness is rather distressing, if not depressing.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the game played with the solitaire rules. I can see how it can be a fun "screw your neighbor" type dungeon crawl game with multiple partners but the solitaire rules do allow you to spend a fun half an hour or so playing a D & D type game without too much fiddliness.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.