United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
What a freakin' great show.

They and the rest of the band gave it everything they had. The time between numbers was measured most of the time in seconds, and there was hardly a word said. Instead, they played.

Highlights: "Forever Man" got the audience going and was almost worth to going to the show by itself, though it wound up my third favorite number. "In the Presence of the Lord" was the second best thing they did; that Marley character really knew how to write spirituals. A back-to-back tribute numbers to passing guitarists Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn was awesome and the songs were "Little Wing" followed by a 15-minute version of "Voodoo Chile". "Crossroads", "Georgia" (almost like Ray Charles would have done it), and "Can't Find My Way Back Home" each hit the right notes. "Cocaine" was amazing and hit you in the gut like a sledgehammer; probably the fourth best number, it ended the show right before the encore. The best song of the night, and the one I came to see, "Dear Mister Fantasy" blew me away.

These boys still got it. Clapton's playing was fast, melodic, and always on. His singing has improved. Winwood's guitar work and keyboard playing were quite good, but his voice has lost none of its power or range.

I am extremely happy I went. It was worth doing my least favorite thing in the world -- driving in Manhatten -- in order to see this event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
But were they as good as Black Summer Crush?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.