Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason M. Brown
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Just a little confused about the past events space - my guess is that it is essentially the discard pile for events that have been turned over and resolved? And do Age A events just sit on the current events pile in the advanced and full games, even when Age A is over? Also, after playing a round or two of the Simple Game, we were confused about when Age A actually ends - so when are you able to take age 1 leaders for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The past events space is just a discard pile for used events. It is kept separate from the regular discard pile because the discard pile can at times be reshuffled to form a new military deck if the military deck for an age runs out before that age is over, but used events are not shuffled back into this deck.

Events always stay in the current events pile until they activate. In theory, the same Age A events that started off the game in the current events pile could be there at the end of the game if no one ever plays an event from their hand.

I will not speak to the last question, I have never played the simple game and do not know its rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiemonkey wrote:
Just a little confused about the past events space - my guess is that it is essentially the discard pile for events that have been turned over and resolved? And do Age A events just sit on the current events pile in the advanced and full games, even when Age A is over? Also, after playing a round or two of the Simple Game, we were confused about when Age A actually ends - so when are you able to take age 1 leaders for example?

Any Age ends the moment some Civil deck is gone. Age A ends at the beginning of 2nd player's 2nd turn (when Age I cards enters the Card row). You could even take some Age I leader, put it in play and than replace with Age A leader (it's great tactics when Columbus comes to the game early).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.