Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another 10 sessions.

I find it difficult, nay impossible, not to play one or two games a day on BSW. Power Grid is a game I am fascinated by, it seems to have so many different rhythms. In my previous session report I had described Power Grid as being like a middle distance race. In some of my more recent games I have experienced (or rather been aware of for the first time) being ‘locked’ by more experienced players in the pre-stage 2 stall. My injudicious city placement and choice of power plant has left me cornered, earning less cash than my opponents; feeling as if my face has been shoved in to the boards, and my arms pinned. I then try to break out and the game reverts to the middle distance race, my energy spent waiting to be past on the final corner. Against experienced players like Diego, Rudydog and Bulletbof my mistakes are almost always punished. No problem as they are very nice to lose to and learn from.

I have won three of my last ten games; two gifted to me by other’s eccentric behaviour and one where I got my timing right. I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in another game by not observing that we had reached 17 cities and, after minutes of wasted analysis, only firing 15 of my 17 to set up my victory in the next round. What a plonker.

Another thing I have learnt about my own play is that I am much better letting others chose the first city, my choices seem too often result in being boxed. The other lesson I am still learning is patience.

Love the game, can’t wait for the lessons from the next ten games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Edwards Jr
United States
Wilmette
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:
Another 10 sessions.

I find it difficult, nay impossible, not to play one or two games a day on BSW.

What is BSW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gjdad wrote:
Sorp222 wrote:
Another 10 sessions.

I find it difficult, nay impossible, not to play one or two games a day on BSW.

What is BSW?

WWW.Brettspielwelt.de

Portal for playing boardgames online, including Power Grid, Imperial, Thurn and Taxis, St Petersberg, Caylus.....If i knew how to link to other threads i would point you to the http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99969.

Edit. It worked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.