Popular Tags: [View All]
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried to find this question answered already but I think I'm the first to ask it:

Say I'm sieging a red city with a noble inside it. I add his troops to the city's total strength. (That's more of a rhetorical question to be sure I'm on the right path).
If he decides to attack me, is he coming out of the city to attack me or does he add the city's strength to his for the attack and attack me from the city?
Also, what if another red noble shows up with troops? The rules say he can transfer his troops into the city to increase the city's defensive level and end the siege. Could the noble in the city transfer his troops out of the city? Can the newly arrived noble fight me outside the city in regular field combat or is he considered to be in the city?
I guess I'm just stuck thematically on the idea of how troops can get into a city if it's under siege and no one can get out (if I have that part right).
Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each city has a network of secret tunnels that only friendly armies know about. (That should help thematically)

Whenever a noble controls a city and is attacked, he gets to add the city defenses.

Whenever a noble controls a city and attacks, he rides out and does not get to add the city defenses. (pg 14 middle column paragraph 4)

So if another red army arrives and sneaks into the city through those secret tunnels, they add their power and could possibly disrupt the siege if the sieging army's power is not high enough when it tries to siege for the second time and complete the siege.

If the army already in the city decides to attack the sieging army they come out of the city and attack joining forces with any friendlies in the same hex but NOT getting to add the city defense bonus.

BTW...it really is a pain in the neck for the local peasants to have to be constantly filling in old secret tunnels and digging new ones every time control of the city changes to a new power...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Slight nit-pick -- if Red moves a noble into the the hex with a beseiged city, that new noble AUTOMATICALLY joins the defending noble in the city. It's not "can", it's "must".

If Green is beseiging Red, then any attack initiated by Red is outside the city walls and doesn't get the city bonus. Any attack initiated by Green is against the Red nobles in the city (which are all Red nobles in the hex), and so Red gets the city bonus.

Thanks,
PP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for two useful replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.