Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Borders (UK) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are selling off some old lines. My local one in Speke had a load of stuff including books, puzzles and a couple of games at very reduced prices.

There were a bunch of top trumps and so on, but the one of interest to us (maybe) was about 20 copies of Once Upon a Time: The Storytelling Card Game. On the back was a price tag of £14.99, on the front a £9.99 label and a "half price" sticker. This confused me (easily done) so I asked the assistant for a price check, which came back as £3. Bargain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
£3 being half of £9.99 of course. No, wait a minute, half of £14.99. No, hang on.......

Good spot! I'll check the one in Manchester for similar goodies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I was running a calculation in my head. Something like:
- £9.99, nope, I am not going to buy it for that.
- £7.50 is half of £14.99... erm... no, probably not for that either.
- £5 is half of £9.99, well I might buy it for that.

And when the assistant turned some stunning blue eyes on me, smiled and said £3, well...

If you find anything good in Manchester, even if you already have it or don't want it, get them to check the price. I am planning on a trip into Manchester shortly. *rubs hands*

They had some puzzles including one called Eternity II which goes for about £25 and was marked up at £5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a dismal failure and a wimp. I discovered that the Manchester Borders is nowhere near the city centre (it's somewhere north of it on Cheetham Hill Road) and I was tired and it was pouring down, so I abandoned the mission. Let us know if you make it and whether it is therefore worth the trek.

I can however confirm that the Manchester TX Maxx had nothing of interest today.

Eddy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Once Upon A Time in York Borders. Quiddler, LCR, Apples To Apples Junior, but nothing on sale.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste James
United Kingdom
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well 14.99 didnt float my boat. And I couldnt help but laugh at 9.99. £3 sounded worthwhile. But when I found three of these games in a bargain bin for a quid each well I couldnt help myself and bought them all.
many thanks to Chris H. for the tipoff
Ste
Liverpool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brighton Borders had nothing of interest - I couldn't find any evidence of a games sale (but it could have been hidden away - I was in a rush and with a toddler!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.