Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Berryhill
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Canasta geeks,

After searching extensively I have found only two places online to play Canasta. The two sites would be Yahoo (free) and Pogo.com (7 day free trial).

Both sites have many active players but alas, on both sites everyone plays 2 card draw even for 4 player games! shake

I have a friend who plays 1 card draw that can join us at Yahoo as well.

Anyway, if anyone else is interested in getting in some Classic Canasta (1 card draw, 1 canasta), we've been playing in the Social area on Yahoo at around 9PM Pacific. My username is joelberryhill.

Let me know if your interested!

- Moves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of a version of Canasta where you only draw one card from the stock. Is this a common variant where you live?

You should probably stay away from Samba, Bolivia, and other games where you draw three cards a turn! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berryhill
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
I've never heard of a version of Canasta where you only draw one card from the stock. Is this a common variant where you live?

I learned Canasta from the Pagat.com site, not from anyone I knew. You can see the rules for "classic" canasta at the site here: http://www.pagat.com/rummy/canasta.html

Since then I have gotten 3 books specifically on Canasta as well as Hoyle's and Scarne's and the standard is 1 card draw for 4 players, two card draw for 2 players. It actually is the default on Yahoo. You have to change it to two card draw.

So, I take it you're not interested.

Moves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:

A variant? Come on, this is the original as described in the Official Canasta Laws from 1950, adopted by the Regency Club and the National Canasta Laws Commission (USA).

Not this modern stuff played these days by some North Americans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berryhill
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks!

I found a one card draw, one canasta game online! If you go to games.com or specifically http://www.games.com/game/canasta/ you will see it.

The best part is that there is no choice but one card draw! kiss

- Moves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.