Subject: Replace units with miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of the painful job painting all the figures I thought of replacing the units (expensive though!) with War at Sea miniatures.
But I'm not sure about the size of the miniatures. Are they the same size, almost the same size (smaller/bigger) or way bigger than the units in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Instead of the painful job painting all the figures I thought of replacing the units (expensive though!) with War at Sea miniatures.
But I'm not sure about the size of the miniatures. Are they the same size, almost the same size (smaller/bigger) or way bigger than the units in the game?

They're a lot bigger, especially the battleships and carriers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we had someone made a very big map for the game, so perhaps....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Well, we had someone made a very big map for the game, so perhaps....?

I know I've seen a picture on this site where someone did just that. I think at BGGcon 2007 someone had an outsized A&A map and did use A&A minis for the units, both land and sea. I recall that it was quite a sight, and if you have the room to set it up, and money for the minis, it would make for a very spectacular event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Money will be the problem!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Gamehappy
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:

The carriers in A&A minis are six inches , three times scale of the MB/ AH board. Smaller Transport ships in A&A mini fail the size jump at 2 inches. I have been creating a board that is eigth feet wide for two years now, and yes money is the problem!!!! now into the hundreds of dollars... I would be a good source for advice.

FYI can anyone reccommend naval transports at 3-4 inches where how much?

Lawrence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.